FW100 - Cabling Sensor and Controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like confirmation if possible please that the cabling I've run for the FW100 controller (on wall remote from boiler) and the outdoor temperature sensor is correct.

I've put the following cable runs in:
-- 1.0mm² twin core from the outdoor sensor location to the boiler location.
-- 1.0mm² twin core from the fw100 on wall location to the boiler

Worcester Bosch have said the above is all the cabling that is needed to the outdoor senor and the fw100 on wall controller.

I didn't feel confident in their response so I wanted to check with the experts on here (I got a different answer the first time I asked WB - guy said to run cat5 cable from fw100 to boiler).

My question is - is the cabling I've put in (described above) correct? No other runs to the fw100 controller or the sensor required (mains power supply?).

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Assuming the sensor is not more than 30 metres from the boiler, 1mm² cable is more than adequate.

The FW100 would need to be over 200m from the boiler before you required a cable over 1mm².

The external sensor does not need mains power and the FW100 is supplied by low voltage DC power via the cable. It's quite clever as the same cable supplies power to the FW100 and carries signals between the FW100 and the boiler.

You need to make sure that the cables are at least 100mm from cables carrying mains voltage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back