Worcester Greenstar 15i - problems/is it big enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me and my wife have just moved into our new house - a barn renovation that's been nothing but trouble.

Our plumbers have fitted a Worcester greenstar 15i - problem were having is that the house is freezing!

We've approx 100 square meters of wet under floor heating on the ground floor, 4 rads upstairs (cast iron, new, one of them a 4 column beast) and 3 towel rails. The house has 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms. The house is approx 180 square meters with all the ceilings on the first floor are double height.

It's seems like no matter how we set things we can't get all the heating to work at the same time even if we have the heating on full blast for 48 hours constantly.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

John

Sponsored Links
I would suggest start by switch off all the radiators and just run the underfloor heating. More than likely the systems has been badly balanced
and all the heat is going through a few of the radiators.
Towel rails are always poor heat producers.

One of the big problems of underfloor is you will need to have
it on virtually 24 hrs a day as it is usually painfully slow to respond.

Sponsored Links
No its not big enough unless its super insulated but being a barn conversion, it will leak heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back