Worcester greenstar 15ri fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, hopefully there is someone out there who may be able to help with my problem.

Moved in 2years ago and had to have the fan replaced to get the boiler working at all then about a year ago i had no hot water and had to have the water valve replaced as was locked in position. That cured all the faults i had but at the time he did mention i may have some electrical fault but as everything was working he said to leave it....strange i know.

My current fault is hard to explain but when ever the timer switches on the boiler for central heating or water, my boiler will not light up and just remains off with the usual blue flashing light. I have to manually reset the boiler every time to get it to work. Today i have realised that when the boiler turns off at the end of its cycle a loud ticking noise is apparent from the boiler for about 2-3minutes. It then turns off with a blue flashing light which is why it will not turn on in the mornings without it being manually reset.

I have had a guy come out today to look at it and he asked for the house inlet regulator to be replaced which obviously did not cure the fault. Any information what this ticking noise might be or even what the fault is would be great prior to me getting the guy to come back out

thanks in advance

ollie

Sponsored Links
without hearing it would only be a guess..
does the boiler have a permanent live and is the pump wired to the boiler? could be overheating if not, which would explain the wiring fault and the ticking noise.

Im not great with electrics but the pump is wired to an electical box in the airing cupboard along with the hot water cyclinder thermostat and water control valve, this then i believe gets fed to the boiler .

Not sure about the overheating as i can switch the boiler on for a couple of minutes then straight back off again with the same fault

Sponsored Links
Ive been looking into this and the pump doesnt seem to run once the boiler is off so could be the problem,thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back