Worcester Greenstar 24I hot water fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on this forum so if i have jumped in at the wrong end please accept my apologies.

Before anyone recommends i call a gas safe engineer i just want to try and save a bob or two and i do not intend to touch the Gas side on this boiler, i am trying to prevent having to part with loads of cash that i simply do not have, especially if its something relatively easy that i can do myself.

Ok here is my problem, my boiler is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24I its giving me luke warm water from the tap, i have noticed every so often it is throwing water out of the condensate pipe every so often! when the hot water is run and i dont mean its dripping out, its like water is been dumped down the pipe.
A friend said turn on the central heating and let it get hot then see if you are getting hotter water, he thought it could be the diverter valve, however this is not happening, the water is staying the same temperature with the central heating on.

The other problem is the central heating is taking a lot longer to heat up the radiators and some are only luke warm at the bottom when the tops are hot.

could someone narrow down the fault for me.

The boiler is just under 4yrs old and has had a service in November 2012 when it was ok, there are no faults showing on the panal and the boiler has enough water pressure as its at 1.5 when cold.

Any help or advise as to what could be wrong is much appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back