Worcester Greenstar 24Si/25Si boiler - To install or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

I've had a couple of quotes for installing a Combi boiler in a 2 bed flat (£2000 for new boiler with 5 new rads). The problem is that diff installers are recommending different boilers, so...

1) Worcester 25Si was one quote : reliable, with 2 yr warranty said one installer. The other said it was complicated to service and failures with PCB etc so unreliable.

2) "Go for something simple like a Main or Vokera" said one installer. The other said - don't install a Main boiler as it's a potterton but why are potterton not putting their name on it...there is a reason....and its only 1 yr guarantee. Is this true ? Are they not as good as eg Valiant.

Are there any other names that need to be thrown into the mix here, ie reliable, greater than 1 yr guarantee.

Any advice on what to install will be greatly received...!!!

Sponsored Links
we have a Worcester Greenstar, and I must say its been very reliable and never had to be looked at in the 2 years its been installed for, except its annual service. I would highly recomend the Worcester and you do get the second years guarantee when you get it serviced after 1 year. From a family relatives experience, the only ones i would avoid is Ideal, as his isar has had the cover of it more than its been on it, 3 pcb's in 1 1/2 yrs.

edited for typo's :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back