WORCESTER GREENSTAR 30CDi GC NUMBER 47-311-93 - Help please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have this boiler which is about 11 years old. Pressure is slowly dropping though after its set to 1.3 bars ( it goes up to about 2.4 as expected when CH runs then back down again )

I recently had some rads replaced and we had to drain the system.

There is now a constant drip every couple of minutes in the overflow pipe at the rear of the house and Im told this could be to do with a faulty/sticking PRV? Im also told its a bit of a sod on this peticular model due to its location? I cant find hide nor hair of how to do it or a youtube vid so dont know how to attack it?

all the bottom pipework is exposed and I can see it but its very close to the back of the boiler and at a right angle. We did try the flushing technique and dumped/pumped all the water out the overflow but didnt make any difference.

Anyone done one of these please? tricks? likely cost to get someone in?

Much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
looks almost like you release the top clip and unscrew the bottom pipe and push forward but it would hit the wall?!!

thanks.

Attachments

• wb1.JPG
    wb1.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 359
Sounds like your expansion vessel needs some attention as well - your pressure shouldn't be getting up above 2.0 with the heating on. A badly maintained, or failed, EV is almost certainly the cause of your PRV issue. And yes, it's a pig to do

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back