Worcester Greenstar 30i erp DHW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not been very lucky with the above boiler and supposed to be one of the best for the money I paid for.
Fitted Jan 2019, just before the year warrant expires the boiler start leaking around the heater exchange and was repaired by Worcester engineer under warranty.
Today DHW problem, CH is fine, open cold tap boiler fire up as normal i can see temp going up on the front display DHW temp is set to 50 degree, but burner are on till it reaches 90 degree and then stops. If tap is left open the burner will fire again when temperature goes down to 60 degree and stops again at 90 degrees and same cycle is repeated again.

Any idea what is going on ? why is'n it stopping at the preset temperature of 50 degree ?
No error on display

Sponsored Links
Are you sure about the warranty ? these came with a 7 year warranty as standard, call worcester they will be able to tell by your post code

Sponsored Links
where did you buy it ? short warranties are usually for new build housing where they buy many hundreds of them at a really reduced price, but with a small warranty period

Will it be cleaned with in the boiler or has to be removed from system, and what is the average price to unblock it
Best to ask around as different areas vary on pricing . Company I work for won't even bother cleaning them as its not guaranteed so we just replace . That being said it could be another issue I.e diverter valve . Worcester do a one off repair for £290 I believe. They will fix anything wrong in the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back