Worcester Greenstar HE 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I have a problem with this worcester combi boiler. Runs Great on Hot water, but when heating is called it lights on low flame and the goes out after about 10 seconds. It will do this ten -fifteen times then cut out showing EA fault (ignition). I have checked combustion reading at the high setting to give 9.2 as in the MI. But when i try to get the low reading it fires up then modulates down and goes off the same as when the heating is put on and is not on long enough to get a reading. the pump appears ok as when the boiler is put in chimney sweep mode it does not overheat and all the rads are getting hot eventually. I have changed the PCB but made no differance. Also spoke to worcester who said to call their engineers. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks

Sponsored Links
whats the gas pressure read when u fire it up on minimum?

I dont know how he is going to measure that.

Sounds like a combustion problem or flame detection problem.

Tony

Have you checked condition of electrodes?

Sponsored Links
Hello again . I don't think i can measure the burner presure as it it a modulating condensing boiler.
The electrods both ignition and flame sensing look ok but i have cleaned them just in case.
As for the combustion it is spot on on the high setting but like i said i cannot get a reading on the low setting on the gas valve. i did try adjusting 1/4 of a turn but it made no differance, so i put it back where it was.

z900iain said:
Hello again . I don't think i can measure the burner presure as it it a modulating condensing boiler.
The electrods both ignition and flame sensing look ok but i have cleaned them just in case.
As for the combustion it is spot on on the high setting but like i said i cannot get a reading on the low setting on the gas valve. i did try adjusting 1/4 of a turn but it made no differance, so i put it back where it was.
Gas valve does not modulate when in maximum or minimum service mode-your best bet is to call out worcester on their fixed price deal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back