Worcester Greenstar HE Plus 11-35 - no display panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have the above boiler and have tried to fit a Nest thermo via a "pro" (confirmed gas safe engineer).

In short, the only way to make it work properly without the pump going 24/7 is by removing the timer/display module from the boiler. I did speak to Worcester who simply said the boiler isnt suitable for any external controller including their own offerings and wouldnt comment on any consequences of removing the timer.

I know by doing so a) I lose the timer facility for hot water and so it acts as a basic combi-boiler and b) fault diagnosis may be more difficult without the screen but is anyone aware of any other issues from doing this?

Sponsored Links
Not all Worcesters can be used with nest or any other wifi control you should have checked first before buying it, if you remove the plug in ribbon from the in built programmer the nest will work but Worcester will not honour any warranty

Not all Worcesters can be used with nest or any other wifi control you should have checked first before buying it, if you remove the plug in ribbon from the in built programmer the nest will work but Worcester will not honour any warranty
According to the Nest checker it does work and according to the Nest Pro it should too - they dont maintain a list of models that dont support it (or at least not publically). Hive explicitly list it as not comptable though.

Nest have said they'll instruct their pro to remove it/reinstate the old thermostat if we want but I am keen on having the smart system as long as there is no significant issue.

I don't know how old the boiler is, the property was built in 2002 and I assumed it had come with the property. Even if there was warrantly left what would stop just reconnecting the cable?

Sponsored Links
nest and hive work differently but as far as the boiler is concerned, they are both just an external switch, it will work with nest if the ribbon is disconnected, sorry cant advise om warranty issues just know they wont cover it if any third party controls fitted on certain boilers, very unlikely that you would have an existing warranty anyway if the boiler was fitted in 2002

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back