Help - my worcester greenstar he boiler is not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help a damsell in distress!

I had a worcester greenstar he condensing boiler fitted about 5 years ago - not sure of the model have been frantically looking for the manual this morning to no avail - i looked at the worcester website and it could be the 30/35 - mine does not have the pressure on display.

This morning the heating did not come on but the water did - the pipes into and out of the boiler were hot .

The temp has slowly been dropping on the display from 59 over an hour ago to 33 now - I have tried to reset the boiler by turning it off by the front and by the mains but still nothing.

When it is turned on it shows on the display as going from p2, p3 p4 and then showing 33 (now its 30). It isnt doing its normally "sparking" up which would when i would now it was coming on.

Apologies for the lack of terminology but my brain is frozen!

Can anyone help??

When i press and hold the button next to the triangle with an exclamation mark after 10 seconds it flashes red and shows fd in the display - this then clears after i press the same button again.

I cant seem to figure out how to spark the pilot light to get it into action!

thankfully the kids are at school today but i am sat here with gloves on!

All answers gratefully received

Sponsored Links
I cannot guess whats wrong based on what you have said but perhaps someone else will.

Most boiler faults need diagnostic tests with a multimeter and require a part changing.

You seem to think you can just push a botton to mend it.

Your boiler does not have a pilotlight by the way.

Tony

Sounds like a CCI, a rebadged WB CDI. Any fault codes showing?

The P2 etc is just the boiler going through it's start up procedure.

Which time-clock/controller do you have? If it's a wireless one it may be faulty.

Is it a combination boiler? Or do you have a separate copper tank for the hot water?

I am no expert, but if it doesn't have a pressure gauge, it sounds like you may have a gravity fed hot water and pumped heating system. We used to have this design and had a lot of trouble with the motorised 3 port valve in the airing cupboard. - You would get HW, but no heating as the valve was stuck - it did have a manual over ride lever on the side that you could push to get the CH to work, but that's a temporary fix.

or... when you say "mine doesn't have the pressure on display", do you mean it has a gauge but the needle is not showing... ?, or you really don't have a pressure gauge at all. If it's the first and you can't see the needle, the filling loop needs opening to re-pressurise into the green segment, then closing again,... but again you've got an underlying problem why it lost pressure. Check all the Rads have the bleed screws tight.

Can be tricky to identify a fault when it's not clear what system you have.

Sponsored Links
Are there 2 dials ranging 1 - 6 on the left hand side, on the lower half of the boiler?
Is the left one set on1, and the right one set on 4?

Do you have the model with a 2digit display right of the text display?

Can you upload a picture of the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back