Worcester Greenstar Jr 28i Flashing Green Light - No heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have a WB Greenstar Junior 28i and I noticed the heating wasn't coming on but the hot water worked. I looked at the panel on the boiler and on thee left hand side the Heating was set to 'off', where usually it is on 'timed'. I went to change it but on pressing the 'select' button nothing happened, it just stayed at 'off'.

I held down the 'reset' button for 5 seconds then let go. It did its reset but now I have a flashing green light, and still the 'select' button does nothing and I can't get the heating to move from 'off'.

I have changed the batteries in the wireless thermostat as a last resort, but still no change - can't move it from 'off' to 'timed', or anything else.

Is there something simple I can do that I am missing, or is time to call in British Gas? Also, if it is BG time, is it safe to wait a few days until my wife is off work? Thanks all for any help.

Sponsored Links
Just sounds like the built in programmer/rf receiver is faulty, will be fine to leave for a few days

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify - the setting that I can't change is on the panel on the actual boiler itself, where the buttons are located too. It's not the remote function that is failing. I can't move the setting from off on the actual boiler. I just changed the batteries on the wireless controller just so I'd covered all bases.

nhubz3ol.jpg

Sponsored Links
The little LED above 'heating' - this photo was taken before it was flashing, but everything else remains the same.

I guess you are following the instructions that came with the programmer?

Are you not able to bring on heating from the buttons on the clock part on front of boiler?

After fitting new batteries in the stat unit have you followed the instructions for "pairing" ?

Did you use quality Duracell or similar alkaline batteries? Cheap zinc batteries from the 99p shop rarely work as the sending unit takes a significant current when sending out the signal.

Tony

It doesn't cover this scenario unfortunately, and on their website is says call one of their engineers for practically anything, unsurprisingly.

Are you not able to bring on heating from the buttons on the clock part on front of boiler?

After fitting new batteries in the stat unit have you followed the instructions for "pairing" ?

Did you use quality Duracell or similar alkaline batteries? Cheap zinc batteries from the 99p shop rarely work as the sending unit takes a significant current when sending out the signal.

Tony

No - I can't make the heating come on at all, not even when I click advance.

The batteries were replaced with Duracell, but the old ones hadn't failed and it wasn't the wireless controller I was having a problem with - I just did that as last gasp attempt in case it worked for some strange reason. The heating won't move off of 'off' so it's not even looking for temperature instructions from the controller.

Try what Agile has suggested.

There seems to be a fault being indicated by the programmer / stat!

You could try ringing technical: - 08705 266241 ?

Just wondered what solved your green flashing problem? I am having the exact same problem. Thank you.

I have the same problem as above, any help would be great.

I have the same problem as above, any help would be great.
You really should start your own post as it is against site rules to Hi-Jack posts for good reason but try this

Turn CH to on and when the green indicator is flashing, turn your thermostat to minimum, leave for 5 seconds, then turn to maximum and leave for 5 seconds, does the light now stop flashing and the boiler comes on ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back