Worcester Heatslave 20/25 no heating - desperate!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, if anyone can help here I'll be over the moon...

We have a 10 year-old Heatslave oil combi boiler with persistent no heating/long delay before heating comes on. Hot water perfect. We have a maintenance contract with Worcester and *they* can't fix it!

The service guys have been here maybe 6 times in the last year and replaced everything they can think of, including yesterday the diverter. But *still*, when I turn on the heating, it takes *hours* - and I mean *hours* - for the heating to come on, like it has a mind of its own! It comes on when it feels like it!

I'm at my wit's end. If Worcester haven't got a clue, what can I do but shell out thousands for a new boiler?? Unless anyone here is a genius.

Heeeellp and merry Xmas,
Dave

Sponsored Links
What happens if you turn the hot water to off ??
With demand for heating does relay click, diverter open and turn pump and burner on.

Sponsored Links
Not that urgent then?
Yes, it is urgent and still a problem, but I’ve been watching it over Xmas since the diverter was replaced. Still takes hours for heating to come on. Haven’t tried the hot water off suggestion yet but will do so asap.

Thanks for the suggestions, will update when I get the next service done in a few days - maybe the 10th service in the last 2 years!!

Just a thought unplug the flow switch on the pcb and see if the diverter goes over if it does the flow switch is goosed.Bob

Thanks very much, I'll mention this to the service engineer when he comes back, and let you know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back