Worcester heatslave 20/25 - water leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, My heatslave 20/25 is about 25yrs old. Flow switch was leaking, changed it out and now is ok. Still water on the floor. Futher checks show that there is quite a steady drip from the bottom of the expansion tank on the right hand side. When the boiler is switched off, it does not leak. As far as I can see, there is only a flexi pipe connected to it. It appears to be a straight forward job to remove the expansion tank (orange/red in colour). I have had a good feel/look around and cannot see any pinholes. No point in removing it if the leak is from the boiler, for example. Do you think its time to bite the bullet and buy a new one.
Many thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
I am not certain, but i dont think it is. Is it worth removing and giving it a closer inspection, do you think.
Many thanks
Paul

Certain easy enough to remove and check.
It's normally the heat store that leaks first but of course main hex can leak as well!
When you have to change it at least have a look at other options rather than a combi,
If you stick with a combi don't get anything that begins with a W.

Sponsored Links
All these eventually leak from where the heatstore is adjacent to the boiler body. Until you remove the heatstore, you don't know which is to blame, but if one has gone, the other won't be far behind.

Thanks very much for your replies chaps, Its great to have some pointers. Strangest thing is the damm thing has stopped leaking now, no drips for the last 24hrs ?, I havnt done a thing to it. Having said that, i,m not sure how much life its got left in it. I would really appreciate any suggestions on a good replacement for it, combi or otherwise.
Many thanks chaps
paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back