Worcester Heatslave 9:24 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for some help with my boiler, I have to keep topping up the sealed system every other day now since the heating is on, it loses approx half a bar of pressure, there are no signs of leaks around radiator joints and I cant see any leak from looking above the boiler. Also when heating is on the pressure indicator goes off the scale! Help much appreciated. :?:

Sponsored Links
Ok, I need a new ev, are they quite easy was to fit? Is it just a case of draining system to zero pressure, undo nut to ev and replace new one? Do i need to charge new ev with air or are they pre-charged? :?:

Sponsored Links
How have you determined that you need a new EV? It may only require pumping up again.

When I press air valve pin in water comes out and there is evidence of water leak on the rim of vessel. Shall i get a new ev or pump it up then?

regards

Keep the system pressure at 1.0 Bar and let all the water out of the EXV.

If it eventually stops, and there can be 8 litres to come out, then drain system to achieve 0.0 Bar pressure.

Then top up air to 0.9 Bar making sure then system pressure is kept at zero while you do that.

Then pressurise the system to 1.5 Bar and see if it works OK then.

Tony Glazier

If the schrader valve is letting out water then the EV has failed internally.
If there are signs of external failure then the only way is renew it.

Easy to replace on that boiler iirc. One nut on the lhs and a securing clip. Dont touch the boilers iso's!

Mr. W.

Thank you for your replies, I have a new ev ready to fit now, does the ev need charging to a correct value for my particular system?, the shop said they come pre-charged. :?:

Job done, 10 minutes to change, just the draining down, re-filling and bleeding took a while, thanks for all your replies :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back