worcester heatslave junior hotwater problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there all!
Question!!!
i have a worcester heatslave junior. the problem at the moment is the hot water wont heat up?
The cental heating is ok but the hot water remains cold.
when you turn the hot water dile up the gas lights up, but then there is a clicking!! the gas heat then stops and shuts down. testing again i have to relight the pilot light.
This only happens when i want to turn the hot water thermastat up on the front of the boiler.
question!! is it a celinoid or thermastat thats the problem

[email protected]

with thanks pete[/b]

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the secondary heat exchanger is blocked causing the boiler to overheat.

But it could also be the temperature control has failed.

Tony

It sounds as if the secondary heat exchanger is blocked causing the boiler to overheat.

But it could also be the temperature control has failed.

Tony

thanks Tony,
as i have had experience in the plumbing field this i haven't come across.
is the recomended cure to flush out the system first and check the control switch?? for the hot water

Sponsored Links
Junior has a big heat bank strapped to it that scales up quite badly only way of cleaning them properly is to take them off and flush them through and descale out of position
But they are that old now (around 24 year old) something will break or not undo without a hammer and chisel .
Past its reasonable working life and time for a new one i would say.
Definetly not a diy job and i cant see anyone taking it on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back