worcester hiflow 3.5 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester 3.5 highflow boiler which has been working fine until the other day when it went off as though there was a power cut.I have checked that the power is getting to the boiler so thats not the problem the programmer display is completely blank and despite pressing set and buttons nothing displays no lights and no ignition to the boiler. I have the part numbers for getting another programmer, but before i do could there be any other part that could cause a complete shutdown of the system? is there a circuit or process that can cut off the power supply to the programmer. Any help would be very welcome Doug48

Sponsored Links
thanks tony
Would the overheat stat turn all the power off to the display as i feel sure i had this replaced 3 months ago along with a new gas control valve.
Regards doug48

Its a not a question of an overheat stat being replaced!

If the over heat stat has operated as a result of an over heat situation then it can interupt the supply to the boiler to protect it from the overheat condition.

I am suggesting this in the generality of the situation.

Usually I would always suggest that you engage a competent boiler engineer!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
thanks tony
I will do that but i wanted some impartial advice as i have already been charged for an item i didn't need and as it was fitted it couldn't be removed. i wouldn't attempt an undertaking out of my depth kindest regards doug48

"""I have already been charged for an item I didn't need and as it was fitted it couldn't be removed"""

I would totally disagree with that statement!

If a real professional advises that a part is changed because it is faulty and it turns out that its OK then you should NOT pay for that part or its fitting. If he is a true professional he will value his reputation! Few do !!!

Only this evening we fitted a part because it was possible that it was intermittently faulty and it turned out later that it was not the cause of the problem. We removed it and replaced the original part.

I have just two agendas, firstly that anyone who attends and diagnoses a problem is paid, secondly that anyone who wrongly diagnoses a possibly faulty component takes full responsibility for his error and does not charge for it.

That makes me unpopular with others who are not very skilled at diagnosing faults. It should make me popular with consumers but its not often that I get thanked.

Tony

Agile said:
...its not often that I get thanked.
...which, presumably, is why you so often congratulate yourself on this forum :rolleyes:

I appreciate your comments tony and take on board what you say. It is difficult to assess who is honest and who isn't. but what disillusioned me is that i took the trouble to look up the boiler manufacturers web site and asked for their recommended service engineers in my area. you would expect a highly qualified engineer especially as he was charging £50 per hour.not a high priced company that puts profit before service. Nevertheless its good to know there are some decent folk about and hopefully i will find one. Any way thanks for your time enough has been said
Regards
doug48

Whilst the person who attended is probably an "approved service engineer", you should still expect a professional attitude.

My reply, which as usual will probably provoke rude anonymous replies from those who are not that concerned, is that you can always make a formal complaint to the manufacturer who recommended them.

£50 per hour is really a very cheap charge if it really were a proper fully competent professional visiting your premises. Accountants, doctors and solicitors change MUCH more that that for sitting in THEIR offices. The latter as much as £300 per hour for a service which in my experience is often VERY poor.

We charge a fixed price fee of £84 and expect to deal with the problem within one hour. But if we did not then the client is fully protected as thats just what it says a fixed fee even if it took six hours and two visits!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back