Worcester Highflow 4.5 Boiler Whistle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem and don't know if its serious. I have a Worcester 4.5OF boiler.

Recently when the central heating is on, or hot water is called for the boiler fires up and both operating conditions are fine, the problem is it Whistles.

This has only just started and the sound is becoming an annoyance. I have removed the covers in an attempt to trace the sound, is not coming from either of the pumps or any of the electrical components, more the area of the heater when gas is on.

The system was serviced in April this year and got a clean sheet, any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
I dont recognise the boiler model.

Is it a wall or floor mounted boiler? Perhaps a higher power version of the floor mounted 3.5 from about 1994 ?

There are a few things which can cause a whistle, some gas related some water related.

Sometimes wrongly set gas burners can do that, a scaled heat exchanger can and water flow restrictors can if the rubber becomes stretched and displaced and fans can whine.

May need a pro to investigate. Many dont find the cause, it has taken me some while to learn of most of the causes.

Tony

Thanks Tony, you assume correct it is an uprated version of a floor mounted 3.5 year 1992 I think. It does sound like a fan motor but I'll get a pro on the case and see if he/she (have to be PC) can find a cure, will revert if and when its fixed.

Sponsored Links
The 3.5 which I took out yesterday was natural draught.

They dont have any fan.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back