Worcester Highflow 4.5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have an old Worcester Highflow 4.5 and the gas valve has gone, homeserve have condemned the boiler but also said that everything else apart from the gas valve works perfectly.

Annoyingly the replacement valve is now obsolete and I can't find one anywhere, does anyone know if it would be possible to have my existing gas valve repaired / reconditioned and if so where I could go for that?

Homeserve are saying I need to fit a new boiler however I live in a old converted building on the 2nd floor so fitting a new boiler means scaffolding, pulling out kitchen units and basically money that I don't have!

If anyone could help I would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Andy

Sponsored Links
No, you can't get gas valves reconditioned, once they're dead that's it.

Happily however, Homeswerve may well be giving you incorrect information. There were two different gas valves fitted to Highflow 4.5 boilers, and whilst they aren't interchangeable one of the two is still very much available. The other is a little harder to source but not entirely impossible. Are you able to post a picture of the gas valve fitted to your boiler or is it hidden behind a safety casing?

You may be about to learn a valuable lesson about why boiler insurance is generally a waste of money!

get an experienced engineer instead of homeserve and your boiler will be sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back