Install Worcester Highflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Got a customer who is very keen on a new HE Worcester Highflow to replace his old balanced flue Highflow.

I've never installed one of these and Worcester have removed all the installation instructions from their website so I can't make an assessment of how tricky the installation is going to be. The guy has kitchen units either side of the existing unit with about 10mm clearance either side. Kitchen put in after boiler...

Anyone installed a Highflow? If so how tricky is it and can it be done with sod all clearance to the side?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Very easy install, comes with detachable jig for plumbing, pipework in from the back and below boiler to front, boiler then rolls onto jig,it has wheels, also has a condensate pump built in and a decent length of tubing, fits into a standard appliance space nicely.

Sorry also meant to ask:

When removing the old one, is it easy to drain the primary H/E and thermal store?

Cheers

relatively easy, drain cock at base, front of boiler, right side but very low to floor.

Sponsored Links
Are there 2?

1 for primary h/e & one for thermal store?

Its just that I don't fancy lugging it out full of water - its heavy enough as it is!

Ta

If i remember you can split them down to help remove them, should break in half and all the panel's come off. Takes a bit of messing around, but if your on your own, it safe's a few pint's of sweat/blood.

Yes, just the one drain off, I usually split the the boiler in sections to remove.

ACOperson said:
Its just that I don't fancy lugging it out full of water - its heavy enough as it is!

Ta

But you can pull it out on its own wheels, until you get to the steps that is!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back