Swapping a Worcester Highflow for a Baxi Duotec

So how do you know how good the back up service is if you have called them out 4 times or less between 2 manufacturers. If you are going to lie make it convincing.
And before you answer check back on a topic with the heading Worcester where you talk about Most of the worcester engineers you talk to seem to be on the ball especially when you talk to them about warrantee calls

Sponsored Links
Its a very wise man who doesent ring up manufacturers for advice...WB Engineers are generally top lads

If your going to lie about the amount of warrantee calls you have made in your two hundred and fifty installs at least make it convincing.......lol

not very clever are you

Talk about back tracking , Read what you have put on this topic about calling manufacturers out this does not sound like some one who has little need to have called them out, And wether you are talking to them on warrantee jobs or actually calling them out it is still a breakdown on a boiler that is meant to be the dogs

backtracking, where,very defensive arent we as for 4 call backs on 105s in seven years.....

strange most mid age 105s i go to have water p...ng out the head section of the d/v, your installs are obviously immune

Lets write you a picture as your high post count as clearly gone to your head...shame 95%of them consist of banter type posts that help no one

smell what your shovelling

last post from me your talking ****e reflect on it

Sponsored Links
Showing your limited knowledge on how to read and understand why talk about appliances 3 or 4 years old we where discussing warrantee calls and this is on appliances of less than 2 years old. And the figure was 5/6 where do you get 4 from . If you want me to type slowly so you understand easier just ask.
No need for you to get upset about getting caught out lying just don`t do it , simple

theres 5 years warrantee on WB, for the elite Dont get upset about being caught out lieing about your call backs..its not very becoming

Got to go to bed now got an install tomorrow,

Got no work then, stay up as late as you like then...

got a tap to fit if your short of work

Funny i thought you where a breakdown man for scottish and southern. . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: When you sober up read back what you have put and what i have put , A simple apology will do .

Please improve your grammar young man:

Full stop after understand required

Where surely you mean we are

dont start sentences with and...tut tut

5/6 is a fraction

full stops should not have a space after the word

so you understand easier..should read more easily

Simple should have a full stop after it.......

by NAMSAG aged four and a half

Thought you had bed to go to for your install. Funny how when anyone loses an argument they resort to spelling or gramma.
I am so hurt. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I find you amusing, so many posts so little life..or work

yikes a breakdown engineer who can install......

suspect your to old to be doing it now...knees gone have they

Got an agency number if you need some work....

have a nice lie in

Westbrom when you get competent enough to work for yourself and not have to rely on a company supplying your work because you cant get it yourself come back and have a dig then .
I blame the government they wanted care in the community and look what happens.

Thanks guys - I've been reading this forum long enough to know that choice of boiler manufacturers was always going to be a contentious issue :)

I've had a bad experince with a Baxi combi in the past, which is why I went for a Worcester Bosch CDi combi myself last year.

I also appreciate that a BG quote was likely to be the highest.

If anyone could answer my question about the availability of parts for a Worcester Highflow 3.5/4.5 combi (probably around 15 years old) then I'd really appreciate it.

Ignoring the outrageous quote, I can't help but think that she might have more problems with the new Baxi than she will with the older Worcester.

Go to W-B and they will service and fix it. All parts are available to my knowledge. I have know an oldish W-B not have parts available for it. The HighFlow is a very good high flow combi. If on a contact with BG, then tell them to fox it as you have been in touch with W-B - ring W-B anyhow to confirm.

My advise would be get the existing boiler repaired/ serviced. Get it done by someone who knows what he is doing and is not on the market to sell a boiler. If the repairer does not know boiler operation, how is he going to be able to repair it?

Couple of weeks ago went to see a Highflow that was shutting down with pilot outage (overheatin). Scottish Gas were pushing a replacement boiler. Turned out the motorised valve was stuck in CH position. Burners would fire and pilot would pop at resultant high temperature. HW delivery was well poor. Reste motorised valve and boiler started working like a swiss watch.

By all means go for a new boiler is present is beyond economical repair.

Biggest slice of my work is repairs and serviceing. Rare for a boiler to fail making replacement a necessity. Often need for parts is the killer. Fuel economy can be helped by introducing additional sensible controls (not TRVs set at 5 and no roomstat)

IMHO if a boiler is 15years, changing it is not such a bad thought as, even if parts are still available at the moment there is no way of knowing when parts will become obsolete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back