Worcester highflow 3.5 pilot light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I have a Worcester highflow 3.5 and the issue I have is that the pilot light doesn't stay on. When i light it, I turn on the hot water and after a few seconds it goes out. I was thinking about a problem with the pressure since it indicates About 3 bar and i think that usually it should be around 1.5.
If anyone has an idea or some information about this problem I would be very grateful.

thank you

Mathew

Sponsored Links
It seems to be a gas related fault and therefore we cannot give detailed advice on DIY gas work.

The usual advice would be to gert a competent boiler engineer.

The prerssure is too high. Check you have not left the filling valve open. Then bleed water from a radiator until its down to about 1.5 Bar. that will have no effect on the pilot light.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Not always a gas fault with these boilers.Could be air trapped at the top of the heat bank causing boiler over heat to trip.Resolve the high pressure problem and chek the auto air vent is working. You also need to check the expansion vessel charge.If this is beyond you then call in a pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back