Worcester junior 24i water pump leak.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My worcester junior 24i has developed a small water leak. The water is coming from the pump outlet connector.
From what i can make out it looks like the Top Hat washer may require replacing. The water appears to be gathering on the top of the pump outlet connector nut. Does anybody Know the procedure for replacing the washer,and if the washer can be purchased on its own ,or as part of a kit.

Sponsored Links
the general procedure in the instance of a pump leak on a junior is for you to **** yourself. then phone some unlucky bastard who may or may not have a complete **** of a time replacing the top hat washer.

i have repaired some in ten minutes and others have taken several hours of toil and swearing as worcesters ****e plastic parts disintegrate before you eyes.

Thanks for the help.
I will make sure I have plenty of toilet paper, and a change of underpants when I do the job.
All The Best.

Hi,
My worcester junior 24i has developed a small water leak. The water is coming from the pump outlet connector.
From what i can make out it looks like the Top Hat washer may require replacing. The water appears to be gathering on the top of the pump outlet connector nut. Does anybody Know the procedure for replacing the washer,and if the washer can be purchased on its own ,or as part of a kit.

Are you sure its from the outlet connector? I have a slow leak on mine, thats coming from the auto Air vent valve. I thought it was from the outlet, but on having a good look with a torch, now looks like its the auto air vent.

Sponsored Links
..Are you sure its from the outlet connector? I have a slow leak on mine, thats coming from the auto Air vent valve. I thought it was from the outlet, but on having a good look with a torch, now looks like its the auto air vent.

Typical case of poor installation and/or poor maintenance; common as much with this model, and much more likely to be the problem than a leaking pump.

Hi
I will take a closer look at the pipe work, and auto air vent.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back