Worcester Oil heatslave 12/18 cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Anyone point me in the right direction ?

We recently had a problem with water in our fuel tank that got into the oil pump and filters.

Blocked everything and killed the pump !

Engineer came. Changed the oil pump. Ran for a day and died !

As soon as the boiler reaches temperature and the heating pump starts it goes to lock out !

Water pump still runs,.radiators heat up and go cold !

Wait an hour or so and you can restart the boiler and then same thing happens again !

Long story short he's changed every bloody thermostat and heat sensor and the damn thing STILL cuts out !!

Only thing that hasn't been changed I think is the actuator / diverter valve.. lol.

I think the engineer is taking the ****.

Any ideas ? I have had no real heating or hot water for 6 yes SIX bloody weeks !!!

Don

Sponsored Links
Well lock out on the burner red button, it's either burner components of bad oil supply.

1. Bleed oil (or water) from the burners oil pump.
2. Check photo cell for dirt
3. My favourite. Take the burner out (stand well back) and fire up!
You should get fan purging, electrode sparking first then release of oil to flame!
If you get all of these stages but it then shuts off fairly quickly it could be the solenoid coil on pump (15 quid) .

Done the bleeding bit. Bled oil into a clean milk carton and no water in fuel now.
Photocell was changed.
Solenoid was changed.

You hear the fan purge,. click of solenoid and woof., it fires up. Runs. Then as soon as it has heated up the tank in the boiler and switches to pump the heating ., pop., it locks out ?

I am confuzzed !

I am assuming something is overheating somewhere and causing this . For if you wait for an hour you can restart it.

Sponsored Links
Blow the oil line completely out and get rid of all the water in the tank put new filter on and check oil clean then put in new nozzle but clear the oil pipe first check oil pressure and majestic sure the air is right then try it.Bob

Classic symptoms of fuel starvation due to blocked/airlocked filter or feedpipe. Start at the tank and work forward, making sure you have no water left in tank.

Done the bleeding bit. Bled oil into a clean milk carton and no water in fuel now.
Photocell was changed.
Solenoid was changed.

You hear the fan purge,. click of solenoid and woof., it fires up. Runs. Then as soon as it has heated up the tank in the boiler and switches to pump the heating ., pop., it locks out ?

I am confuzzed !

I am assuming something is overheating somewhere and causing this . For if you wait for an hour you can restart it.

Nothing to do with overheating.....If the burner is locking out it must be getting a demand from the boiler...The Burner does not fire if a limit stat has operated.
You say it locks out when the store is satisfied and heating comes on ... The Burner does not know what it is heating, only that there is a demand !

I concur, it's more likely oil flow problems. Did you sort it out in the end??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back