Worcester RD532 combi HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HW working ok. CH not working! Last week CH started to be temperamental. Heating switched on and rads hot then all of a sudden heating still on on integral clock but rads would go cold. Then would switch heating off on clock but pump would keep running for hours. Now heating will only fire up for about 30 seconds then overheats. Pump seems to be ok and checked diverter pin seemed to be moving freely, Checked system for air. I am a gas fitter but not very good at breakdowns, any ideas what to check next? ha. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
put my details in for the combustion chamber forum, but still no reply! how long does it usually take?

Sponsored Links
While your waiting for admin take the diverter motor off and see if its moving with hot water/ch demand.

Went and had another look earlier, removed diverter motor and yes pin was moving in and out with HW/CH demand. Checked pin in diverter body wasn't jammed aswell. Noticed that CH seems to work ok, then turn a hot tap on and switches over to HW ok but when it has to switch back to CH boiler doesn't fire up again and pump keeps running forever more. Checked ch temperature sensor and overheat stat,readings were spot on! Diverter seems ok but must be sticking or something... Any more ideas??

When you say it overheats do you mean it actually looks out on overheat or just goes off? Assuming the latter...

Check control knob hasn't snapped off (spindle) at a low temperature (e.g. 35 degrees). Remove the integral timer (unplug it) and it will just respond to the thermostat input to rule that out. Otherwise it's looking like PCB unfortunately... But I would bet on the integral timer if I was guessing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back