worcester ri problems

A

angelf

When heating & hot water are off the boiler keeps running with burner light coming on and of. Any ideas why this might be. Could it be an electrical, wiring or programmer fault?
Programmer looks like a Drayton freestyle one but has something like "ciflo" on the top right is it the same thing only re badges? Please help. Ta

Sponsored Links
This is usually caused by a motorised valve getting stuck in the open position. There is a small microswitch inside that will bring the boiler on irrespective of timers etc if this happens.

Would it be both motorised valves or only the one. It seems to happen when there is a call for hot water not when on c/h? Ta

It will be the one that is fully open whatever the controls are set to.

It doesn't make any difference what you have selected, when it is stuck the boiler is on all the time. Depending on the make of MV you can normally tell which one is open because the manual handle is loose.

Sponsored Links
To those who dont know, this person is not gas registered but still tries to repair boilers commercially. He has to ask lots of questions here because his knowledge is so poor.

Until I see his postings in the CC or the ARGI site then I will have to assume that he is not Gas Safe registered and still doing illegal gas work.

In any case his knowledge seems so poor that its difficult to imagine that he would have passed the ACOPS. Even so in the CC we still do help people because we dont like to see our trade being spoilt by anyone.

Agile will you **** off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasnt asking you . Your answers are nothing short of useless unhelpful and a complete waste of space..like urself really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back