Worcester vs. Viessmann

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I've had a couple of quotes from well-established local companies to replace my old open-vent conventional boiler. One is a Vitodens 100 Compact, the other a 15Ri

The WB is from a company I used to work for, and includes a staff discount and a 12-month service.

The Vitodens includes new pump and valves (my existing ones are not very old)

The prices are centred around £3k and both include controls and flush and 2-year warranty.

I was expecting the Viessmann to be a bit higher, but it comes in at £670 more.

I am asking myself, will I see an extra £670 of value from it?

What opinions?

Sponsored Links
Those seem to be very expensive quotes!

I would say that the Vitodens is a far better boiler because of the very solid stainless HE they use. To buy the Viessmann is less than £200 more.

Fitted by an approved installer ( like us ) the Viessmann has a five year warranty.

However the worcester is very easy to fit and they do seem very reliable for the first few years.

In our local area we would be expecting to quote well under £2k to replace a conventional boiler.

Tony

there is also a Vaillant installer in my small town, is that as good as a Viessmann? i am going for local businesses.

p.s. Perhaps I should add that the new boiler is on the other side of the kitchen, but the gas pipe runs in the floor under the new position, and the water pipes in the ceiling above it.

you may have seen my "bathroom floor" picture of the panel that lifts out to get at the pipes.

I would say better than Worcester but not as good as Viessmann.

I really cannot understand why some installers are only able to fit one particular model of boiler. I can fit any make!

Tony

Sponsored Links

I really cannot understand why some installers are only able to fit one particular model of boiler. I can fit any make!

Tony

worcester are easier to fit and the new ones seem to be very reliable and valiant are good for repairs as there alot easier to dismantle(personally).

some engineers just dont like leaving there comfort zone. Surely this just loses them jobs ? personally dont understand it.

I got the local installers' names off the websites of the boiler manufacturers. they say you get a longer guarantee if it is fitted by an approved installer.

btw the Viessmann installers in the next town wants to sell Viessmann solar heating with it, not just a boiler, and won't quote.

Tony

So can I, but by limiting my choice I get offered better discounts and better after sales service, should I happen to ever need it.

Once you are set up for a particular make it becomes faster to install them and to understand their little quirks.

Absolutely. I can fit any boiler too but only WB for me now.

I can offer five year gtee and four year servicing from WB at a cost of only £210 once I have done my WB preferred installer course next week.

Or a three year warranty as standard and no servicing or I can offer five years warranty with no servicing from WB for £115 and I can offer the four year servicing myself/

A win win for everyone,IMO.

Tony.

I would not fit a viessman 100 series, they have had big problems with pcbs.
New model is in the pipeline to replace...

Viessmann is fixed. We have not had any recent issues.

About time, but it is good news.

In Feb the service eng who fixed the 100 I had fitted had replaced about 83 ign units but only two or three pcbs.

Once the ign unit has been replaced they seem very reliable.

What sells them to me is the single turn thick stainless HE which can be chemically cleaned unlike the four in parallel tubes on the gianonni design.

Tony

When Viessmann say something is coming out is often a lot sooner than when it actually appears.

We were told that WC would be out on the 100 before the end of 2007.

When I last asked it was "still coming".

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back