Advice on Viessmann 200 30kw combi boiler needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I'm in the process of researching a replacement boiler for my very old,leaky Saunier Duval (3 bed mid-terrace, 1 bathroom).
Have had a competitive quote for a Viessmann Vitodens 200 30kw combi, with 5 years parts and labour guarantee.
Just a bit worried about availability of parts, aftercare etc in Scotland (near Glasgow).
I believe from forums that Viessmann are highly rated but fairly new to domestic market.
Interestingly, the people at Scottish Gas Homecare had never heard of Viessmann!!!
Also had quotes for GW Ultracom 30, Vokera 29 and WB 28i - boiler overload - just need some straight forward words of advice!
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You could ring Viessmann,s UK HQ in Telford and enquire as to the cover that they will be able to provide for your proposed boiler.

Also, seriously consider having the WTC & outside sensor.

Tim

Surely you are having it installed by a trained installer who is local? In which case, surely he provides servicing and repairs?

If not I'd choose one who does.

Surely a quality boiler with a five year guarantee so you cannot go wrong?

If the quote for installation is reasonable then its a good deal.

In our local area we would charge boiler and controls cost plus £840 to fit with extra to upgrade gas and water supplies if required and for TRVs etc..

Tony

Sponsored Links
Viessmann 200 series is a quality boiler.

Viessmann are not new to domestic; whilst relatively new in the UK for domestic they have been selling their commercials for years.....but have been making domestic boilers for years in Europe.

They will probably use a service agent in Glasgow. Go for it.

personally I would go for the vaillant 831,its better put together than the Veissman although there heat exchangers are top quality,the five year warranty only applies to an installer who has attended the training course so you would expect that whoever has offered you the installation has done the training course!.The weather compensation unit is easier to set up and use on the vaillant than the veissman but are both worth the savings on fuel,the parts on the veissman are far more expensive than the vaillant and vaillant arnt cheap.check to see if you can get local people to service/ maintain whatever you are going to get installed parts availability etc.

Viessmann use both their own engineers and local trained engineers. I've known them get there same day (if called first thing). If the visiting engineer hasn't got the part on his van Viessmann will post the part out on a next day delivery. The good thing is the part is posted to you, the customer so the engineer can't spoof you when he's too busy by telling you the part didn't come in.
Dfaz......5yr warranty......kinda makes spares expense not a problem.

personally I would go for the vaillant 831,its better put together than the Veissman although there heat exchangers are top quality,

I wonder why you are advising someone who asked two years ago.

I hope they already have nice new Viessmann boiler.

By now many installers are fed up with the lack of service backup from vaillant and many are not very impressed by their reliability either.

The Viessmann 5 year warranty is a lot better than the standard 2 year vaillant.

I have never heard of a Viessmann staff engineer.

Tony

The BBC used to have an OB unit at East Kilbride!

So Viessmann have about eight staff service engineers. Either their boilers are unreliable or they are selling a significant number.

Its about time the supply chain was better organised though. I was given two quotes from merchants for the WB1B319 who both said their quotes were competitive but they differed by 53%. The high one ( City Plumbing ) said that was the best they could do although on another model they were a bit cheaper!

Tony

Tony - you are always so negative!

Are you complaining that an excellent manufacturer has TOO MANY servicemen?

I am not complaining! Just stating the obvious.

If it helps to show you that I am not negative then I can say that I have fitted more Viessmann boilers than other makes during the last year.

But I do find it annoying that I cannot get proper quotes from a firm as large as City Plumbing. I might have to review my invitation to their manager for my next party. Viessmann are still in the situation that their boilers are only stocked by a small number of merchants unlike Vaillant which are available anywhere.

About a year ago, the only way I could have got one model was directly from Telford but they would not let me collect and would take three days minimum to deliver so I had to use an off the shelf Vaillant.

That German fellow there has some more work to do.

Tony

City can generally get them net day if not in stock up here matey. Plumbase are very competative and stock them. The new 200w vitodens 35 was £1000+ the dreaded/(to me) Not bad me thinks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back