Viessmann Vitodens 200 Combi - screeching and 'F5' cutout

Boiler is in an outside cupboard, flue consists of a 90 degree bend to the left and then straight through the outside wall to the terminal - no more than 2 feet long. when the landlord's heating guy first looked at the problems and spoke to Viessmann technical there was a suggestion that there were now modfied parts available for the flue (boiler was installed May 2005). I can't see any sign of any part of the flue having been replaced during the recent visits - are there modified parts for the flue?

Sponsored Links
Just to add - the flap has been replaced as the old one is still lying around near the boiler and there's been no reoccurance of the 'F5' cutout since it was changed.

Any more thoughts on this anyone? Tony?

With luck I'll be getting a visit on Friday from a Viessmann engineer (weather and other calls permitting - apparently it's not highest priority as it works after a fashion!).

Problems:
1. Screaming noise
2. Losing system pressure within a few days

Are these related maybe???

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Viessmann do a kit to cure the noise problem. I consists of a tube and springs and slides into the flue outlet.
Apparently after a while the flue starts to resonate but no one can tell me why.

I have had the same problems.
The F5 fault was resolved by replacing the flap as suggested earlier .
The noisey flue was cured by fitting a flue reduction kit supplied by Viessman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back