Worcester24cdi = frequent resets needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of months ago at my tenants' house I noticed that the front water/heat light on the combi were slowly flashing. The fault diagnosis chart indicated an 'overheat' , so I simply pressed re-set.
Since then the girls have noticed intermittent problems with the boiler shutting down and having to be reset (although they have not noticed the lights flashing anymore).
Brit Gas have visited twice and cannot find problem !
The situation is now happening 4 or 5 times a week. A shower is taken and the hot water is fine. On then trying the hot water tap in the bathroom, it is noticed the water is cold and so they go downstairs to find the boiler off (no lights at all) and a small amount of water dripping from under the boiler - roughly below where the large plastic tap is used to adjust the pressure. Incidentally, the pressure gauge slowly drops and need adjusting every couple of months.
I am due to call brit gas again, but I am not going to just accept their previous advice to press reset every time it happens. Clearly there is an underlying problem. Any help/thoughts/ etc for me to put forward is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have a leak in the boiler which should be quite fixable by BG.

The intermittent fault could be caused by many things and a proper service where the boiler is opened and cleaned and in particular the fan and venturi might well solve the problem. What customers think is a service by BG is really only a safety check ( as clearly shown on their paperwork ).

As you have a service contract then you should try to get BG to fix it but it can be difficult to identify an intermittent fault and a full service is a good start.

Tony

Sponsored Links
They're fairly well known for dodgy pcb's too. One trick is to indcate an overheat before they've even fired! Lean on BG! You're paying enough, doing NOTHING is not acceptable!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back