Worchester Boiler noisy ?pipes? and gurgling radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to have a few issues at the moment with my heating system.

I have very noisy pipes and the pressure on my combi boiler is 0.

I have a Worchester greenstar 25si/30si (Not sure which) the pressure on here is 0 and I cant find my manual.

When I run the hot water for a bath - and it is stopped the system makes a very loud humming sound, this is stopped when I run the cold tap or flush the toilet. It sometimes makes this noise when i flush the toilet without running water anywhere else. The noise seems to be mainly upstairs but the combi is downstairs.

Also a couple of radiators are making gurgling noises when the heating system starts in the morning. I have just checked and one upstairs is a little colder than the rest.

My first choice is to bleed my radiators and hope that sorts it out. Is it likely that the radiator bleed will sort out these problems or is it more likely a plummer's job?

Any other suggestions very thankfully received as i have no idea :oops:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Typical, i have topped up the pressure on my boiler to 1.5 (middle of green) and a tap upstairs wont shut off.

I was told that a leaky tap can cause pressure to drop in the boiler - do you think this could be the culprit of low pressure in the boiler in the first place?

Also it is an old tap without a pop open top to change the washer and it wont open half way down.

Suggestions? I have turned the water off at the mains.

Is it worth lowering the pressure again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back