Worchester greenstar 24i junior combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace my 16 year old chaff celtic ff in tenanted property.
Have nursed the ff for so long, will feel like I'm loosing a member of the family. Terrible reputation these old boilers, but must say, easy to repair and it has kept going despite harsh conditions.

Is the worchester greenstar 24i junior a good bet. It looks a bit small to get your hands in to do any work. Any + or - points to look out for.
I'm trying to get away from the rubber diaphragm!!!!

Simon

Sponsored Links
If you want something that's a doddle to repair (which wont be very often unlike a chaff celtic) look at a vaillant ecomax 828

Most of the latest boilers use a flow switch rather than a rubber diaphraghm. They can also fail as well though!

The Ecotec seems to be one of the most popular boilers now, the Greenstar still fairly popular but the Glow worms seem to have gone out of favour because of minor problems with the condensate drain parts.

Tony

Most of the latest boilers use a flow switch rather than a rubber diaphraghm. They can also fail as well though!

The Ecotec seems to be one of the most popular boilers now, the Greenstar still fairly popular but the Glow worms seem to have gone out of favour because of minor problems with the condensate drain parts.

If I was choosing one for a rented property I would get a Heatline band A as they are reliable and easy to work on and cheap.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Have just read up on both the valliant ecotex and max, both look fantastic bits of kit. Discountheating price £987.
Perhaps too expensive for my needs.

Friend suggested Boulter-Budurus, again fantastic kit but very pricey.
As both of you had nothing bad to say about 24i, it will be best compromise - expense- reliability- tenant destructabilty (the later being the worst problem for any boiler). Sorry to be quite so cynical!.

Thanks.

JUst about to replace a 24i which is scrap at 2 years old. Problems stem from extremely hard water. See "solid"..

ChrisR said:
JUst about to replace a 24i which is scrap at 2 years old. Problems stem from extremely hard water. See "solid"..

The greenstar version is a totally different beast though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back