Worked for an old lady who was befriended by someone

That gross and net figure £440,000 gross and £294,000 net was written in the grant.

The will states that after bills and debts have been paid the remaining amount will paid equally to the inheritance woman (lady in 50s) and nephew abroad. His address is given. No figure was given in will. In fact, not sure bungalow has been sold yet. The probate was mid February.

The lady in 50s is named in the grant (what's a grant?) and she's executor, trustee, everything basically.

The will could be a homemade one or from a template. Says last will and testament at top but no fancy emblems. And no solicitor's signature. Would post it but need to edit names first.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You have two options:
1. Contact the nephew, telling him your suspicions - I'm not really sure what you are suspecting however. There is a glimmer of an angle given that it was not witnessed by two independent witnesses.
2. move on.

There is nothing wrong with a beneficiary, trustee and executor being the same person. The witness is a bit suspect.

Grant means transfer, give etc

1527291760931-678024370.jpg
1527291834180-138732393.jpg

This is the grant and will. The bungalow is valued at £627,000 . How much will Sally get? I have changed the names of the people on real will but it is an exact copy. Has it been copied off the internet ?

I suspect the witness living at Sallys address is her niece. Does it look legit ?

Helgar was nuts not mentally ill or with dementia just totally our of touch and Sally totally manipulated her. Do you think she managed it by suggesting to manage her money and then Helgar decided to put her on the will. Sally is in 50s but Helgar had another friend in her 80s. Daft but still a good friend why wasn't she on it.

Last edited:
Surely the documents can be checked to see if they are authentic ?? there is no court seal/ stamp on the docs ? should there be ?

does not a will have to be signed off by a solicitor ? a sort of avadavid type wat sit ???

have u sort any advice on some type of legal forum ? or the C.A.B may be ????

Sponsored Links
A Will doesn't need to signed by a solicitor as witness. Its just someone not benefiting from the will and ideally independent of those who are. However, as I said earlier, the OP has no ability to challenge this Will as he doesn't fall into one of the categories of those who can.

Dennis bummerol was a guy I grew up with lol. Had an Austrian dad lol I edited all the real names. The German nephew who gets half of will has a different name but I have his address. He could challenge will. The documents I uploaded look exactly like the real ones.

Through Facebook research I found out the witnesses are her kid's partners and the parents of her grandkids. The guy is married to her daughter now and the girl with her son hence why she lived at the same address.

So how much will she get?The grant says 440,000 gross £297,000 net. Is that money in bank?

The bungalow valued at £620,000

Shall I email the will and grant to a solicitor and explain witnesses relationship to the lady who manipulate herself onto will. The nephew who gets half has his address on the will too

What's the definition of sound in mind? This old lady was totally out of touch.

Last edited:
I'd tell the german nephew of your suspicions and then let it go. You'll have done your best and can do no more.

She gets half of the £293. and again.. you are not a person who can contest the will. But feel free to have a solicitor bill you for that advice.

She gets half of the £293. and again.. you are not a person who can contest the will. But feel free to have a solicitor bill you for that advice.

And half the £620,000, right? That's the bungalow''s value so just under half a million for her and same for nephew . I think the £297,000 in the grant is cash in bank isn't it? I wouldn't have to pay a penny. If the solicitor thinks there's a case she'll contact the nephew and charge him. He'll be happy to pay.

So a grant is a request for probate after inheritance tax has been paid? To think this lady paid me just £10/hr lol

The gross value of the estate should include all assets. Based on what you've posted, I suspect there is an outstanding charge on the house. is it possible it was mortgaged, perhaps via equity release?

The gross value of the estate should include all assets. Based on what you've posted, I suspect there is an outstanding charge on the house. is it possible it was mortgaged, perhaps via equity release?

but how can they come up with an exact figure like £297,000 net on the grant which was published when probate is released. Surely the probate is released before house is sold so if this is so, how can you come up with such an exact figure on an unsold house?

So how did she manipulate herself onto the will? Offer to 'help' by being executor, next of kin etc then when that's done throw in the comment 'do you want to update your will '?

The old lady's other best mate is another old lady in 80s. She wasn't on will.

How ever unfair this seems, you can't do anything about it, can you? You need to let go.

but how can they come up with an exact figure like £297,000 net on the grant which was published when probate is released. Surely the probate is released before house is sold so if this is so, how can you come up with such an exact figure on an unsold house?

https://www.gov.uk/valuing-estate-of-someone-who-died

the Executor will issue final accounts once everything is sold, she seems very experienced given the tax situation (just under the £325k limit). the probate valuation is an estimate.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back