Working at Mains Pressure..?!

BoxBasher said:
What's the point in replacing some of the lead but leaving the most problematic bit underground?
Softus then said:
Er, to fix the leak, BB. ;)
even though:
2520years originally said:
The job is to replace all the lead pipe inside the property, but, to be honest, I was going to leave the bit that's underground.

Maybe I read it wrong? :confused:

Softus said:
To make a rare excursion into pedantry,
Completely out of character ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
BoxBasher said:
2520years originally said:
The job is to replace all the lead pipe inside the property, but, to be honest, I was going to leave the bit that's underground.
Maybe I read it wrong? :confused:
No, I suspect that I did. It's hard to tell though. The plan may have changed since the leak was found.

Softus said:
The plan may have changed since the leak was found.

Making assumptions based on the original post (and not wishing to cast aspersions) I believe "the plan" was to only replace the bits of lead pipe that the customer could see - as opposed to all of it which from the OP seems to be the job that was requested.
Although I may be wrong because "the job was to replace all the lead inside the property", and may not have meant the underground supply.

Apologies if any offence is caused.

Haha! You can't beat a bit of male posturing!

The job was to replace the lead inside the property. I did suggest the customer speak to United Utilities about replacing the lead, but he wasn't interested. He's after a quick buck, from doing up the place just enough to rent it out.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
I see you have a personal troll, Dan!

images

Incredibly tedious the little phecker is too.

Cool pic by the way :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back