Working ballcock REALLY needed for F&E tank? (Boilermate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently noticed a dripping from what I assumed to be the overflow form my Boilermate II. I (mostly) emptied the F&E tank, gave it a wipe down and then realised the whole time the ballcock hadn't been trying to refill the water. On closer inspection it looks like I have previously (and I'm talking numbers of years ago) turned the screw that feeds this pipe so that it is off... and wrapped a load of plumbers tape around it in a bit of a bodge. When I turn it back on I remember that I couldn't get it to stop dripping without it being off! Water initially sprays out of the screw in small jets but doesn't flow into the F&E tank. I try once more and the water drips out of the screw but still only drips into the F&E tank.

• Is it possible to turn off the feed from the ballcock (i.e. is that what I have done)?
  • What problems could this cause (as it's been like that for years and I've not noticed any)?
  • If it is to be turned back on, (and I assume it should be) how do I stop water dripping from the flow control screw?
  • What would cause it to be in a 'on' position and only drip water into the F&E tank?

Sponsored Links
Replace iso valve and replace or repair the ball valve!

Or just leave it off and top up with a bucket every few weeks!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back