working for 'big' companys compared to 'small'

Many of the problems which I am told about by some of BG's customers would be largely solved if the individual engineer was given ownership of each customer's problem.

The main complaint is that so many different people come and say different things and do little or nothing.

One today told me that it took FOUR BG visits to fix a leaking rad valve.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Many of the problems which I am told about by some of BG's customers would be largely solved if the individual engineer was given ownership of each customer's problem.

The main complaint is that so many different people come and say different things and do little or nothing.

One today told me that it took FOUR BG visits to fix a leaking rad valve.

Tony

tony and customers unfortunately dont know the finer details.

they do get ownership by turning up, some choose not to take it. four day weeks and weekend work makes it difficult to keep a job to yourself sometimes. it also doesnt help that you can be working in an area that isnt yours and are forced to put the parts to another engineer.
im personally sick of random parts turning up and im making it very difficult for some people now.

management need to get a grip of things but are unable to do so as i doubt they even have a clue what the problem is. i could signwrite it in the sky above their ivory towers and they wouldnt get the message.

Nickso ,Been left 7 years and nothing changed parts getting dumped onto guys with the comment oh sorry i didn`t realise it was my rest day, well i new every feking rest day for the next 6 months.
Simple phone call to say i am shi##ing on you tomorrow with this job but this is what i have found. Or if they are in just send it back if it`s their area
Always re diagnos the fault yourself as nothing worse than fitting a part and it still not working.
Agile as nickso has said you do not have a clue how job allocation and rest day/ shift patterns work. And how many times do customer lie or have false memories favorite being they didn`t do that when they came last year, oh yes i did.

you know yourself 90% of parts jobs are bread and butter easy stuff.

but 90% of parts jobs panned off to other engs are nightmares or hit and hopes. im getting bored of it and also the bored of the office giving you these jobs and your own despite the fact its clear you dont have enough time to do them in your shift. some people will be getting some surprises very soon if im not notified about parts jobs as they will be going back to them themselves.

i once had a guy from another patch book a 4/5 hour job in for me when i already had 3 parts jobs of my own and was on backshift so i was only doing 6 hours. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Nickso. You need to go on one of those courses that teach you how to talk and deal with somone in this situation so that it can be amicably solved.
Its quite basic really at the next team brief you get them by the throat and tell them if they do it again you will take them outside and kick sh#te into you. Its amazing how this simple technique works.
During one team brief the BIP guy from outside the area who was a right stickler was sitting in, as i had a extremely heated argument with the field manager which ended with me basically telling him i would take him outside and we would carry on discussion there.
Bip guy sh#t himself and i never got checked for final 2 years ,he used to just sign me off in case i shouted at him(big jessie).

Nickso. You need to go on one of those courses that teach you how to talk and deal with somone in this situation so that it can be amicably solved.
Its quite basic really at the next team brief you get them by the throat and tell them if they do it again you will take them outside and kick sh#te into you. Its amazing how this simple technique works.
During one team brief the BIP guy from outside the area who was a right stickler was sitting in, as i had a extremely heated argument with the field manager which ended with me basically telling him i would take him outside and we would carry on discussion there.
Bip guy sh#t himself and i never got checked for final 2 years ,he used to just sign me off in case i shouted at him(big jessie).

lol, our team briefs are good fun. 20 women with balls shouting at each other for 3 hours, great way to lose all that stress. :LOL:

i once got banned from taking part in a team meeting cos a high end manager was visiting. me and two other llikely suspects were told not to go in case we upset him or asked "difficult" questions :LOL:

Back