Work Demands . Advice Please.

Several years back i lost over £100k trying to be the next big thing. It can happen really quick too. Put your prices up and by a good margin, you wont believe how much people will pay if they want you to do their job. Dont take a financial risk until you can afford to do so, and when you can be meticulous. Also you have to accept that most blokes who work for you wont be as good as you and certainly dont care anywhere near as much as you either, thats life.

Sponsored Links
take the new guy with you on a few jobs he could speed up the jobs your doing and you could check him out then let him go on his own when your confident in him

Am pleased you are doing well with your business, but, you have worked hard to keep your good name, just be careful who you give the work too, as one bad job can set you back months. :rolleyes:
tell the client you you have to finnish the work you have undertaken and i will be wih you at a date? be honest thay will understand thay would note like it if you walked off there work untill you have finnished. brig

Sponsored Links
Many points taken. And many thanks lads. My work load is still hectic but I have got over my original problem :LOL: . What I ended up doing then was taking on a local young bloke for a month that had just served his time and let him do some small jobs, I checked up on his work each day and he seamed to be really trying so I trusted him to be left on his own he had a mate who he had worked with at his last company who had been laid off which he asked me if it was ok to work the odd Saturday shift which I was happy to do. The two lads worked away well and was happy with there pay. After the month I spoke to the lad and he told me he was planning on moving away to live with his girlfriend who lived in the city. I was fine with that and would give the lad a good reference any time. His mate wanted a start but unfortunately I couldn't take him on full time.

I put my prices up almost double and I will say it has helped . Out of three jobs I price I usually get one where as before I would almost certainly get the three.

Out of interest what to other roofers pay per hour to there employees. I know it will differ depending on Skill , But out of interest ?

Back