Working hours

Depends on who you are working for

if you are on a site turn up early if you want

domestic occupied most people don’t want you in there house at the crack of dawn

Sponsored Links
Some builders don't do long hours, packing up by 3.00pm

I think they get used to the short hours of winter and extend them all year.

I've also seen builders get to site and start the day with a tea break.

Some super busy days like boiler changes or system change overs in occupied houses,
time seems to break the laws of physics,
I can look at the clock at 11am, half an hour later I check & it’s 3pm. It’s unbelievable how fast time goes when under the cosh.

Kin builders :)

has often come up in the CC

Some asking advice about starting self employment

you can bet yer mortgage / house on one piece of advice that comes up

don’t work for a builder / property developer ;)

We often get enquiries than the B word is dropped and the conversation ends

bye

Sponsored Links
Yep. They all claim they’re different from the others, they want to do things properly, they’ll pay you when you invoice, they will produce a timeline schedule.
Balls, ultimately, they are all the same. Change schedule at drop of a hat, make changes after 1st fix & expect you to change it for nothing, ask you to go to other jobs & sort out the mess that other companies have done then not pay invoices for weeks when they promised 7 days.

Always tell people to get the builders plumbers to do the job

if you get involved u always end up holding the job up for what ever reason the builder can dream up

if u work for em make sure you get payment up front and stage payments

We will have nowt to do with em directly

some of these letting agents / estate agents are no better
scoundrels

Yep. Same with them, promise you loads of work (which is the last thing you need) if you sort out a problem & certificate illegal work.
Not a chance. Ever do I work for letting agents.
Get called to loads of customers lettings where the agent is completely ripping them off or their team can’t work out how to change a simple thermostat.

domestic occupied most people don’t want you in there house at the crack of dawn

I like an empty house, can't sleep?, wake up at 5, **** it, go to work. As long as it's nothing too noisy for an hour or two all's good. Most of my customers are happy with an 8am start but there are several who ask if I can arrive at 9am, apart from starting late and finishing late it's the sitting at home drinking coffee for an hour and a half before setting off and then catching all the school traffic.

I like an empty house, can't sleep?, wake up at 5, **** it, go to work. As long as it's nothing too noisy for an hour or two all's

Done that a few times... thd last time was on 93 units in Kilburn. I'd wake up worrying about thd job so would drive in and get to site. I'd walk the corridors snagging.... Best thing I could have done. I picked up on so many problems as no one bothering me while I walked the 5 floors. Handed the job over with very few problems...

Sponsored Links
Back