Compressed hours - holidays and bank holidays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anyone done/have guidance on this? Up until now I have to do 35 hours per week (excluding breaks) over 5 days. I get 30 days holiday plus the bank holidays, so 38 total.

I'm trying out compressed hours. I'll be doing 8am-6pm Monday to Thursday, so trying to recalc holiday, and what happens on all the bank holiday Mondays.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your leave days will remain as per the above, however you will be short on hours if you take a holiday day mixed with a working compressed week.

Sponsored Links
I tried a 'compressed hours scheme' many years ago. We basically worked extra hours at standard rate and once we had built up a set amount, (8 hours), we could convert them to a days holiday.
Some of us realised if we just worked a few hours overtime each week then banked the overtime pay we could actually take a day off without pay and still have half a days pay in our bank account or towards another day off later. 6 hours overtime would nett us at least 9 hours pay at time and a half.

Yeah, I've done compressed hours for years. 8.5 hours a day 5 days a week compressed to 37.5 hours pay.

Back