Center Parcs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Creating themselves another bit of bad press.
After Covid was wound down and everyone was told things could go back to 'normal' they continued to implement restrictions such as having to book your 2 x 2 hour swim slots for a weekend stay or 3 slots for a full week stay. Most restaurants were either closed because of lack of staff or opening reduced hours such as 4.00pm to 7.00pm and you had to book well in advance, (i.e. when you had the notice for your final balance 6 weeks before your holiday), and also select your meal menu. Most of the free rides didn't open till many weeks later and there were huge queues for those you have to pay for with reduced numbers per party.

This time they told guests they had to leave the park by 10.00am on Monday if it was the last day of their break, (usually you can stay in the park until midnight), and those who were supposed to be starting their break on the Monday had to report on Tuesday at 10.00am People who had booked Friday to Friday were told they would have to leave the park entirely at 10.00am Monday and return at 10.00am Tuesday. This meant many guests were supposed to find a hotel for the night but they would receive a small discount for the inconvenience.

This caused uproar with many people cancelling their breaks, demanding a full refund and also threatening the park with claims for damages and costs of arranging alternative breaks at other resorts at a different time.

And what was CP's reaction to all this?
They stated that guests staying Friday to Friday could remain on the park but all facilities/rides, swimming, spas etc would be closed and they would have to spend the day in their villas.

Yep, great publicity for yourselves CP The only people you intend to have working that day are security personnel and they alone would have to face the backlash of very irate guests demanding to know what is going on because you are failing to answer phone calls or text messages from your most important asset, your guests. Oh and these security personnel will be on flat rate standard pay during their working hours on an official Bank Holiday, but then that is the usual rate you pay all your employees for working Bank Holidays! The only exception being Easter Sunday and Christmas Day when they get a premium.

The name Gerald Ratner springs to mind as the equal fool who showed disrespect to his customers.

Sponsored Links
I don’t really get the whole centre parks thing. You could get so much better value elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
I did a quick search, by the time you add activities and food. 2 people could get all inclusive to Antigua.

Centre parks seems to be posh Butlins. I've been when my kids were young, but only out of season on a cheap deal.

You could also get some great AirBnBs in some lovely locations for around half the money.

Last edited:
Comparing apples & oranges, I was thinking of similar set ups in the UK.

Only thing 'free' at CP is the pool. Used to be able to stay in there all day, every day if you wanted to. Now it’s a couple of hours at best. Bookable only and that’s if you’re lucky. Everything else is extra and none of it could even be described as reasonably priced.

Only thing 'free' at CP is the pool. Used to be able to stay in there all day, every day if you wanted to. Now it’s a couple of hours at best. Bookable only and that’s if you’re lucky. Everything else is extra and none of it could even be described as reasonably priced.
Did you enjoy your pie sat near the roundabout today?

Did you enjoy your pie sat near the roundabout today?
WTF! Did you see us? We went to Ulvaston as Mrs Mottie wanted to go to the market. Three stalls and that was it! We met 44 years ago today and we are going out for a big meal tonight to celebrate so I had a pastie and she had a sausage roll. Bought them from the butchers. Pastie was pukka. (y) We sat on the roundabout bench to eat them and she said she had a deja vu moment of our first date - sitting in a shît place eating a shît meal. :ROFLMAO: Charming! You could have said hello!

Last edited:
WTF! Did you see us? We went to Ulvaston as Mrs Mottie wanted to go to the market. Three stalls and that was it! We met 44 years ago today and we are going out for a big meal tonight to celebrate so I had a pastie and she had a sausage roll. We sat on the roundabout bench to eat them and she said she had a deja vu moment of our first date - sitting in a shît place eating a shît meal. :ROFLMAO: Charming! You could have said hello!
I was driving round the roundabout and spotted Suzy first, Ulverston market has been rubbish for years, Keswick is much better.

Sponsored Links
Back