Post lockdown holidays

Sponsored Links
Rescheduled plans so far. We have a weekend booked at a foodie hotel mid March, paid up front but dates can be moved. Just booked a 4 day break at a posh hotel in Jersey in July as a surprise for Mrs Motties 'big' birthday. Booked on Hotels.com with pay at the hotel/free cancellation but won’t book flights until nearer the time. Might see if the kids can pop out for a surprise visit on her actual birthday. She did say that all she wanted for her birthday was just our kids, grandson and partners round a table for a meal. She’s absolutely put a ban on any foreign travel this year with the possible exception of a last minute trip to the family villa in Spain if circumstances allow but that will probably be a working/cleaning/maintenance trip as nobody has been out there since September 2019 - the place will be mingin'! Our booking is still open for our postponed motorcycle fly-ride trip but we've yet to set a date - unless things are fairly safe, I won’t be going though. We got our deposit back for the new year holiday and have booked the same dates for this new year. I’ll be surprised and consider myself lucky if I get to go on just one of 'em!
Well, foodie break has been moved to October, Jersey in July is still on the cards at the moment and Mrs Motties mates have booked lodges here for all of us to belatedly celebrate her birthday. In September but was the only date we could all make. Fingers crossed they all happen.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Glamping /lodges - we're thinking similar, although not sure if we'll actually do it. A friend suggested camping today.

Reading the news, all kicking off again, riots, new lockdowns, third wave.

The best thing we can all do this summer is take a British holiday, support our local businesses - stay at home, and assuming restrictions are lifted, go to a cafe every day, dine out in the evening, go to the theatre, visit theme parks etc. etc.

Spend spend spend near home.

Reading the news, all kicking off again, riots, new lockdowns, third wave.

The best thing we can all do this summer is take a British holiday, support our local businesses - stay at home, and assuming restrictions are lifted, go to a cafe every day, dine out in the evening, go to the theatre, visit theme parks etc. etc.

Spend spend spend near home.

I've double booked.... France in August but don't expect it to happen so have booked a Chalet in Norfolk end of July.... we should support our country.

Struggling to find anything at the moment!

I’ve had a hotel reserved in July in Jersey for a while but just took a chance and booked our flights with BA. Can cancel anytime and rebook or get a voucher. Looks like there’s going to be no foreign trips this summer.

Butlins are still closed...

Nowhere for the turncoats to visit then (y)

Thanks Bobby that sounds like a confirmation.
Dear Mr Bodd.
Thank you for your message of today. I can confirm that your accommodation, the three berth pig house, is available for the dates that you require.
Unfortunately, due to legislation, we do not provide a child care facility on site. We can provide you with contact details of some local child minding facilities, but you would need to discuss your requirements directly with them.
I would like to remind you that your accommodation reservation is not confirmed until we receive your deposit, as explained in our previous communication. This deposit must be in the local currency because the expected deterioration in Stirling is likely to adversely affect the exchange rate.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our friendly and convivial surroundings.
Bon route.
Yours faithfully
Bobby Dazzler

Butlins are still closed...

Nowhere for the turncoats to visit then (y)
Right on cue Ellal the village idiot turns up carrying her worn out old duff record...

Ellal has no intention/ability to add to a topic, because...

Well simply because Ellal is a village idiot!

Just paid the deposit for our new year break in the Peak District. £777. That’s a lucky number if ever I’ve seen one. :)

Sponsored Links
Back