No holidays for me this year!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the past if I have always booked a holiday.....even sometimes just booked a late one on the card and paid when I come back but had a holiday abroad every year...but although I am in still on full time pay the future is not looking so bright, a few of the guys I work with have also said they are not going away this year with two having uk breaks.....and this is also on top of the new kitchen thats on hold ............I wish the economy would pick up soon

Sponsored Links
I am going on holiday regardless!
If you don't spend that 2-3 grand on your wife and kids the dole office/council will make you spend it on your out goings before helping you when unemployed!
Ipso facto you have shot yourself in the foot. :eek:

Live now as you may have cancer next year!

If you don't spend that 2-3 grand on your wife and kids the dole office/council will make you spend it on your out goings before helping you when unemployed!

An all that from the bloke that wants to see more 'up-beat' threads! :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

An all that from the bloke that wants to see more 'up-beat' threads! :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Life is a bitter/sweet symphony ! ;)

Sponsored Links

What 2-3 grand???????

Already had 2 so far and will be having at least 3 or 4 more. Life is for living now not for thirty years time

My last foreign holiday was sixteen years ago and don't expect to be taking one again.
Prefer the sights and sounds of the emerald isle and in any case "living" doesn't have to involve stepping unto airplanes half a dozen times a year to visit silly places that you could just visit as easily using google earth. :rolleyes:

What 2-3 grand???????

Ok, you can still go on the cheap. The change of scenery is a tonic by itself. Don't fancy a washed out scaby British seaside resort as I live near the beautiful Lake District already??

norcon . guess if you feel looking at google earth is the same as experiencing the sights and peoples of the world.
Then you spend a lot of time reading magazines one handed thinking the same ;)

None for me either..well maybe a dirty weekend somewhere but that will be it

Why pay a fortune to visit a country where you , (most probably), can't speak the language, don't really like the food and can't stand too much heat with the ubiquitous flies/gnats/mosquitoes.

There is so much to see and do in this country of ours that I fail to see the attraction of going abroad. Where else can you find scenery such as that in the Lake District, the Scottish Highlands or even Derbyshire? You can quaff a pint of home brewed ale with good English food and relax with the locals who, (mostly), will understand what you are saying?

Give me Great Britian anytime!

might do a fortnight in the states....

week in vegas and a week in NYC...

can't be doing with all this beach life...

got to set a budget for the 2 weeks though..
will empty my account of all but the vegas budget, and give my mom the money for the NYC week and set up a fund transfer for the day I move venue..
that way you won't be tempted to spend it all in vegas.. and if you win some then you have more to spend in NYC..
doing it the other way you spend in NCY and end up bringing money back if you win in vegas.. what's the point in that?

Why pay a fortune to visit a country where you , (most probably), can't speak the language, don't really like the food and can't stand too much heat with the ubiquitous flies/gnats/mosquitoes.

There is so much to see and do in this country of ours that I fail to see the attraction of going abroad. Where else can you find scenery such as that in the Lake District, the Scottish Highlands or even Derbyshire? You can quaff a pint of home brewed ale with good English food and relax with the locals who, (mostly), will understand what you are saying?

Give me Great Britian anytime!

I enjoy holidays in the UK, but also like to experience other "exotic" places had a trip to Peru last year, Scotland this year (twice), as for gnats I will count my bites in tens after Scotland

Had a tight time from mid december (self employed decci) but works coming in now suns out... really should be reinstating my pension payments but fkit.. we're off to the algarve 2 wks... 10 min ride to bournemouth airport. :D
After seeing a poor (gen) disabled bloke get a ticket on rainswept mudeford Quay carpark last friday.. I just can't wait to fk off out of it for 2 weeks.. No driving (wot pleasure is that in uk now ?) No carpark machines, Public transport.. = a big joke. every time you stop somewhere it's pay pay fkn pay... If a pint costs me €4 over there, it will still be cheaper than all the petrol, parking charges and crummy 3 * hotels over here..
Love the Highlands used to go there lots, but it's really unaffordable for me to have a uk hol..

Sponsored Links
Back