Holidays...

S

Sombrero

How do people holidays these days?

We like to camp, but summers recently are not a cert, so what else do you do??

Got a sunny break in Spain booked late in the year, but would like to get round the UK and be warm and dry...

Sponsored Links
Have you ever noticed how the Met office get it wrong when they forecast the weather for the South West, all to often they claim it's going to be raining, usually over a bank holiday weekend and it's been the complete opposite..

Motorbike run to Saumur starting next Wednesday......Portsmouth, La Rochelle, Saumur, Normandy beaches, Portsmouth.
Fingers crossed for sunshine! :p
John :)

Ski weekends last winter in the Czech highlands(central CZ) or next year to the Beskidy mountains(North East CZ), there is even the odd bear there.

Summer holidays will be walking in the same mountains, get a B&B nearby, never a big fan of camping out, need a decent shower and bed. Auschwitz is under 2 hrs away so finally will be visiting that place and maybe a night in Krakow as well before the mountains.

Bit skint these days with the house project so cant go abroad or back home much.

Sponsored Links
Ski weekends last winter in the Czech highlands(central CZ) or next year to the Beskidy mountains(North East CZ), there is even the odd bear there.

Summer holidays will be walking in the same mountains, get a B&B nearby, never a big fan of camping out, need a decent shower and bed. Auschwitz is under 2 hrs away so finally will be visiting that place and maybe a night in Krakow as well before the mountains.

Bit skint these days with the house project so cant go abroad or back home much.

Is Czech skiing relatively cheap?

Is Czech skiing relatively cheap?

Very. I skied once in Austria before I lived here it was good but not worth it really to do frequently, but here its cheap and very cheap if you know the script.

Fly into Prague and get a ski bus or train to Harrachov near Liberec which is the top downhill resort, stay in the resort as you would in St Anton or somewhere and it is cheaper here, ale and food especially. But be a bit more clever and book into a penzion/guesthouse which are just as good as hotels if not better sometimes and you could pay about £15 a night.

sorry but poland is ****, unless its zakopane and even then it would be nice if their were less people

Well we are being patriotic and going to North Devon first week in August. :LOL:

Cruise on the River Main for 7 days leave on Tuesday

We went on a Rhein cruise not long after we were married. Most of our fellow passengers were coffin dodgers who couldn't understand why we spent rather a lot of time in our cabin.

We've visited Germany a couple of times since, and hope to repeat the Rhein cruise in the next couple of years. Perhaps not so much time in the cabin this time, though!

Just a reminder to those who tend to take holidays other than the average package......
Do check your travel insurance! I've just found that I'm not covered for such a hazardous pursuit such as motorbiking in Europe - my cover stopped at the Channel :eek: My bike insurer and e-sure don't want to know.
I've had to take out a completely separate cover for this - similar to skiers I guess.
John :)

Cruise on the River Main for 7 days leave on Tuesday

We went on a Rhein cruise not long after we were married. Most of our fellow passengers were coffin dodgers who couldn't understand why we spent rather a lot of time in our cabin.

We've visited Germany a couple of times since, and hope to repeat the Rhein cruise in the next couple of years. Perhaps not so much time in the cabin this time, though!

try to include the Moselle, I was impressed

Sponsored Links
Back