Camping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well this is the time of year when we think about summer holidays any interesting ideas for camping, like none mainstream camp sites. I don't want to be in a canvas internment camp. In either UK or Europe...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Carcassonne to the Med coast up from Barcelona.....canny spot!
(I remember seeing an elderly fat male naturist bicycling along - wearing nowt but a beret...not a pretty sight :p )
John :)

Was talking to a man and wife last year when out walking, who had a big tent set up in a field amongst the forests, camp fire and a few beers in a bucket. They just drive out to a secluded spot every year and just set up shop. No fees, no noise, no ballache. They were about a mile from town with restaurants, shops and pubs and a short dash to the river for a swim. I dont think nobody ever challenges them, I guess as the only people who see them are out walking and dont care.

The Dutch descend on camp sites round here with their mobile homes every year. Its a good climate, cheap ale and decent swimming spots.

Carcassonne to the Med coast up from Barcelona.....canny spot!
(I remember seeing an elderly fat male naturist bicycling along - wearing nowt but a beret...not a pretty sight :p )
John :)

I think I may have been in the same neck of the woods. Was on holiday in Lloret de Mar and went on a day trip, train down the coast to Barca. Looking out the window at the sea and beaches and was suddenly confronted by a load of people in the nak.

Bought the wife a Vango 'Airbeam' tent last spring - never got used as the car boot (opening) was too small.
Ho hum.

Bought her a Passat estate - tent fits nicely so we'll see.

Expensive hobby this camping lark. :eek:

well this is the time of year when we think about summer holidays any interesting ideas for camping, like none mainstream camp sites. I don't want to be in a canvas internment camp. In either UK or Europe...

You know in Scotland, you can camp almost anywhere you like (there are restrictions including people's gardens and school property and around Loch Lomond during certain months of the year but for the most part wherever you please). I camped in the Pentland hills near Edinburgh when the weather was fine and it was brilliant.

Bought the wife a Vango 'Airbeam' tent last spring - never got used as the car boot (opening) was too small.
Ho hum.

Bought her a Passat estate - tent fits nicely so we'll see.

Expensive hobby this camping lark. :eek:

Yeh we are costantly adding stuff that will make camping life a bit better now I'm looking into top boxes any body got advise on that,this a a bit ironic because we got into camping when the recession hit,

Sponsored Links
Back