Racism .....something I've never personally witnessed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not know the song?????? How the fek not..
How the fek do you think you dumb ****?

Firstly, you just called it "the pogues Christmas song" [sic] - not the title - so, if not familiar with The Pogues, how the fek am I supposed to know?

Then when the posted video was listened to, I did not hear the word 'faggot'.
Had to Google the lyrics to find it.

I shall take it that being such an intellect you know the words to every song I know.

Sponsored Links
No idea..hence the question...been around decades .on the radio..shops, cafes,public places everywhere for weeks every year.need to be on Mars to avoid it....do you never go out? Listen to radio?etc..So in that vein....you do not know the Slade Christmas song,Band Aid Christmas song? Emmerson Lake and Palmer Christmas song?jeez

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all a ramble and you clearly have no understanding of anything.

Well done.

ps, there are some words in the English language that are beyond 'banter'. I guess that's a generation thing - you still think what was acceptable in the 60's/70's is still acceptable now. Oh well, guess your generation will die off soon enough and we can all move on.

Dude yet again you make a bunch of **** poor assumptions and come up with 12.

Age has nothing to do with it and i grew up in a mixed race area, know what the first time i experienced racism.. in a teen dance club where i walked across to grab a drink this is mid 80's and i had to walk through a bunch of lads who were black or of mixed race, i was shunted and barged and didn't know why at the time, i had many friends from many races at my school and never experienced that before. I was told after it was their side of the club they owned it and we shouldn't be there?! WTAF. Never managed to work that out, many were my age and never once did i ever cross a racist comment in my school all the time i was there, we never excluded anyone.

Any words that are beyond banter have no privileged use. I absolutely agree if the word offends it should not be used by anyone, the very moment a colour of skin is bought into the argument that falls flat on it's face. I hear the rants of many rappers/youngsters wanting to reclaim it, redefine it, cut it loose from it's origins, it's still offensive i get it. I have read and studied the arguments, but i put it to you as you challenged it. Never ever underestimate people and their understanding, the most stupid thing you could ever do, and at your age and our previous debates, you should of discovered that now :p

Last edited:

Firstly, you just called it "the pogues Christmas song" [sic] - not the title - so, if not familiar with The Pogues, how the fek am I supposed to know?

Then when the posted video was listened to, I did not hear the word 'faggot'.
Had to Google the lyrics to find it.

I shall take it that being such an intellect you know the words to every song I know.

Buddy that's a bit of an overreaction! Not wanting to stick my neck out here but i would say the same 'where the 'f' you been?!' its an overplayed song everywhere you go in the UK around Xmas anyway maybe you haven't lived here ever, then excuse me. Its clearly pronounced in the song and you can't help but miss the word FAGGOT.

Sponsored Links
Buddy that's a bit of an overreaction! Not wanting to stick my neck out here but i would say the same 'where the 'f' you been?!' its an overplayed song everywhere you go in the UK around Xmas anyway maybe you haven't lived here ever, then excuse me. Its clearly pronounced in the song and you can't help but miss the word FAGGOT.
Thankyou ..I thought I was going mad ..I obviously touched a nerve with EFL.

No, I'm not deaf. Substitute 'notice' for 'hear' if you want.

Why do you think it astonishing that I don't know the words of a Pogues' song?

This from one who thinks people say 'of' a lot more often than they do.

Astonishing you do not know the pogues christmas song exists.Not that you do not know the words....Then there is your over reaction

What was that noise? Did a pea just hit my greenhouse?

I find it astonishing in fact you don't know, you must obviously be thick or short of intelligence surely? (using Effluents in depth methodology of assumption)

This was my point recently you made it clear you have howling gaps in your knowledge of certain subjects, but never for a moment would i assume you are 'thick' or of poor intelligence.

I would argue every frikkin person young or old around me could recite that annoying pogues tune or at least recite it contains 'faggot' etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back