Camp sites

Also within a few minutes of Pickering theres Flamingoland and Camp Eden (WW2 army museum place, in an old POW camp, good for kids)

Sponsored Links
30-40 quid a night :eek: :eek: . I thought it was exspensive here. We pay about half to two thirds that price.

I've heard tales of young pitchers being forced to drink Dandelion and Burdock in the pubs in North Yorkshire!!!!

You'll be OK though Dex... 'young' pitchers! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:oops: :oops:

Our first week was a farm just outside Buxton called 'Cold Springs Farm'.
Think it was 30p per night per person, (6 bob to you youngsters)! :eek:

And the only facility was a toilet house with 1 urinal, 1 stall and 1 wash basin! The field was on a steep gradient and we found ourselves all tucked up against the door end the first morning! :LOL: :LOL:
When we set out on the Saturday afternoon it was sunny in Liverpool, by the time we got there it was covered in snow and we were sledging down the hill on tea trays while my sister and brother-in-law set up the tent.

Halcyon days! :LOL: :LOL:

Long before we got the caravan, when i was in my teens, we used to go camping in a an EX-WD Hospital tent - you could see where it had had the Red Cross sign sewed onto it, and the faint remains of blood stains. We used to pitch up and everyone round us would unpitch and move there tents further away.....it collapsed eventually, rotted away from decades of use.

Those days we would pitch up near the beach at Wells next The Sea, Norfolk. I was in a folk band, so we used to take the guitars and busk, sometimes we would come back with more money than we had set off with.....and we used to get there in a 1960 Atlas Van.........

4261580285_d208ea19ce.jpg

not able at this time, but thanks for the thought.

i may change my mind at any time.....

Sponsored Links
Back