Does anyone here have an electric car?

The only way these things will ever work is if they have a sort of cartridge that you remove and swap. A bit like changing a calor gas cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I've been working on a design for a small Diesel generator, for electric cars, for so that the customer would only need batteries for short journeys. This would keep the initial outlay for the vehicle lower. In a similar way to hybrid engines, but the engine isn't connected to the wheels directly.

I have the idea, but it is really difficult to get anyone to look at it with a view to manufacture.

Cheers, Camerart.

You might have missed the boat - they had a car on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago that was electric powered but had an on-board petrol/diesel generator to charge the battery if they got low while you're out and about. Can't remember the make or model, but someone has already done it....

Hi Andrew,
I know about these cars, and similar generators, but I'm hoping that my design is more efficient, let's see.

Thanks, Camerart

I think they are the future but to me there is still a long way to go but once the batteries get smaller/cheaper and can last longer they wont be any good

1/ Have you looked in to doing a gas conversion on a small cheap car ?
The gas is cheaper than petrol and especially so now.

2/ I ride a bike about town and so many times people have tried to walk out in front of me without looking. The same would be the case with electric cars only they would be on to them much faster and the consequent mashing. I do believe that electric cars are going to kill and maim so many more people. But what's the answer to this problem ?

Sponsored Links
Apparently they give them and engine noise.

A Brain, Eyes and a Horn[/quote].

Ooh you are rude. :oops:

So what is the efficiency of a gas fired powerstation? then how much is lost in the transmission lines to your home? How often will you have to replace the batteries?

Still think that electric is green?

Try a four litre Jeep with sequential LPG kit.... Far greener than any battery car and more fun too

I have never heard an electric car, only seen them on the telly, such as Top Gear where they say how quite they are.

They are now making it mandatory I believe to have a white noise generator.

Although many new cars now are so quiet at low speeds it is something that may be made for all.

2/ I ride a bike about town and so many times people have tried to walk out in front of me without looking. The same would be the case with electric cars only they would be on to them much faster and the consequent mashing. I do believe that electric cars are going to kill and maim so many more people. But what's the answer to this problem ?

I don't understand what the problem is?

Seems more like a solution to me, a way of dealing with stupid people, you could call it a final solution.

Yes, I am serious, I ride a bike and have no sympathy for people who cross THEN look.

A Brain, Eyes and a Horn.

It certainly isn't that easy.
Yes it is.

I can tell you from experience it isn't.

I cycle along at a good 20mph. I have had pedestrians walking along the path, turn and step into the road, in the time it takes you to count to 0, because they couldn't hear a car.

Some people really are that stupid.

When that happens there is no time to brake, and no time to swerve, all you can do on a bike is put your shoulders out and make sure they are the ones to get hurt (they deserve it anyway).

So either you drive along at <10mph, or you will end up hitting some idiot that steps into the road.

Though as far as I am concerned if they get splattered by a car, maybe the rest of the idiots will remember it's look then cross.

As to white noise generators being fitted to make noise, sure, it would work. But I would rather stupid people get run over, so that those of use who live near roads could actually have some peace and quiet.

:evil:

A Brain, Eyes and a Horn.

It certainly isn't that easy.
Yes it is.

I can tell you from experience it isn't.

I cycle along at a good 20mph. I have had pedestrians walking along the path, turn and step into the road, in the time it takes you to count to 0, because they couldn't hear a car.

Some people really are that stupid.

When that happens there is no time to brake, and no time to swerve, all you can do on a bike is put your shoulders out and make sure they are the ones to get hurt (they deserve it anyway).

So either you drive along at <10mph, or you will end up hitting some idiot that steps into the road.

Though as far as I am concerned if they get splattered by a car, maybe the rest of the idiots will remember it's look then cross.

As to white noise generators being fitted to make noise, sure, it would work. But I would rather stupid people get run over, so that those of use who live near roads could actually have some peace and quiet.

:evil:

That sounds like a good reason to ban bikes. Only idiots ride them anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back