Any solar experts or folks that have solar installed on here?

Thanks.

I have no idea how to use the website in that link :LOL:

Where did you buy your kit from? I’m quite happy to self install and get a spark to connect it up.
Various places. Sunsynk 3.6kW ECCO and pylontech 2.4kW with 15x JA solar 385W panels from solar trade sales (you need to register to see prices)
HDM solar for rails and clamps. Roof hooks from various places (facebook and ebay). Cable etc from TLC electric.
Finding stock is hard at the moment.

As for the website. Select your location on the map. Enter what power panels you could install in "Installed peak PV power [kWp]*" 5.7 for me.
Slope is roof pitch. Azimuth is which way the panels are facing (The azimuth, or orientation, is the angle of the PV modules relative to the direction due South. -90° is East, 0° is South and 90° is West.)
Change to roof added / mounted system

Click visualise. This then tells you per month your estimated solar production... With my 5.7kW I made 2.4kWh yesterday as the weather was shocking. Today is going to be pretty poor too. On the 4th it was sunny and I made 10.4kWh that day! Probably saved £20 so far but not been working for long!

Technically the grid connection is a new circuit so needs a sparky for that bit. The rest is pretty straight forward.

Sponsored Links
Back