Unvented cylinders and solar panels

Unvented cylinders require an annual service which costs.

BB you keep pasting the above comments.
would you like to explain in depth what the service actually involves.

Sponsored Links
As BB is not accredited to work on unvented cylinders, be aware that anything he may write is not written from a position of qualified authority.

In fact, its difficult to imagine from what direction he thinks that he is writing. Or for that matter why he feels any need to write at all !

Unvented cylinders require an annual service which costs.

BB you keep pasting the above comments.
would you like to explain in depth what the service actually involves.

What don't you understand about.."Unvented cylinders require an annual service which costs"?

Sponsored Links
I woldn't be seen dead working on time bombs.

Yet you keep babbling on about the cost of annual servicing.

FFS its not rocket science. As for cost how you recon it costs £100 is baffling.

:!: Sorry BB your comics/brochures would not have a section covering servicing/commissioning.
And thats why you would not touch un vented cylinders.

If you behaved your carers might arrange for you to attent a local college to study for G3 certification.
(mind you with your mentality I wouldn't let you loose with plastic ,toy ,tool kit)

Its a pity the mods don't put you on a permanent ban.

Well gents i was thinking of contributing to what was a perfectly sensible question, but after watching this esculate into a slanging match i wont bother, some constructive comments by quite a few and absolute **** by others.

There would have been little point in you contributing to a discussion that was active nearly a year ago!

Big Burner who contributed most of the rubbish has at last been banned from this site.

But if you like his style I expect is is still rambling on at the Screwfix forum under one of his many different names, Water Systems etc.

Tony

Hallo folks …

We are converting a house for hostel accommodation for up to 12 people and wanting to increase hot water capacity with installation of unvented cylinder(s) whilst also getting
solar panel installed. Currently oil fired system which will remain.

I understand that up to 500 litres capacity needed …. we have 3 showers … if all wanted to shower in the morning. What’s the best arrangement for cylinders?

Not sure of size of solar panels but 3 panels each potentially heating up to 100 litres when conditions good. The solar installers have suggested 2 single loop cylinders, one as a pre-heat cylinder linked to solar and then this feeding 2nd cylinder heated by boiler. My concern is that it would seem the water in the solar cylinder would just be used once all the 2nd cylinder was drawn off … not very good use of solar panels. Could we have a draw off direct from solar cylinder thermostatically controlled?

I thought about a single large twin coiled cylinder … but expensive. What about two 250 litre twin coils linked in parallel both connected to solar and boiler? Would this work efficiently?

We need the system to work effectively … but at times there may be only 1 or 2 people staying there so we won’t want the full 500 litres hot. So it needs to be cost/energy effective too.

Tricky but any comments appreciated! Mick :?:
Hello Mich bit old post but which system have you applied for hot water.. I am opening a small paying guest so your thoughts are valuable for me..[/color]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back