solar question

I seem to remember for industrial its about 3-4 changes per hour?

The problem for non domestic buildings is the requirement for ventilation cannot be met at the same time as the insulation requirement. The buildings may not be "bad" just the regulations exceed what is possible.

Sponsored Links
OilMan - You really are a buffoon. "Elliott resorted to a stab in the dark"

You're the one in the dark. You don't know what your talking about when it comes to renewables, and it's been obvious.

Why argue about it when your using PV gain from a small module to justify why solar thermal systems don't give enough heat, while supporting this based on the energy used by my laptop. Bizarre.

It's good that you're not involved with renewables to be honest, there obviously well out of your league.

Oh, sorry your're the one building a secret solar energy machine, I stand corrected.

DIY NOT FORUM, 24 Hour Tradesmen on-line ;)

The problem for non domestic buildings is the requirement for ventilation cannot be met at the same time as the insulation requirement.

You made that up. Amazing in that countless house throughout the world manage to combine the both.

Elliot, when they are beaten they always resort to personal attacks.

Sponsored Links
Pity you can't lend him your waterblast archives, you could have called it the V3. What a pair you'd make, one being a ruthless psycopath who chews carpet and the other being Adolf Hitler.

You are the one who installs these V3s!!! You are a commie spy. You put these time bombs in innocent people's homes. You should be locked up.

i have had a new central heating system installed recently, i got a santon 210ltr indirect twin coil cylinder. The boiler & cylinder is installed in a single story extension. i want to install solar panels on the flat roof (it gets good sunlight).

could anybody recoment a good system that i could fit myself, also a 'idiots guide to solar'. thnx

I would retrofit this ...........
http://www.willis-renewables.com/downloads.htm

Its new, its compact, its effective, its innovative and most importantly it works. :)
Created by a company with over 100 years experience in the heating industry.
Their is also a short clip showing the advantages of heating a cylinder from the top down as opposed to internal convection currents via internal coils.
It costs £275.
You can download an evaluation performance test carried out by the University of Ulster for this product.

Pity you can't lend him your waterblast archives, you could have called it the V3. What a pair you'd make, one being a ruthless psycopath who chews carpet and the other being Adolf Hitler.

You are the one who installs these V3s!!! You are a commie spy. You put these time bombs in innocent people's homes. You should be locked up.

Who said I still install them? I might prefer thermal stores.

Why argue about it when your using PV gain from a small module to justify why solar thermal systems don't give enough heat, while supporting this based on the energy used by my laptop. Bizarre.

I was right, you don't read things do you? The guy in the linked article specifically stated he had a 30 tube collector. Um, how is this a PV collector? I will await one of your attempts at a personal attack with trembling knees.
shark1.gif

The problem for non domestic buildings is the requirement for ventilation cannot be met at the same time as the insulation requirement.

You made that up. Amazing in that countless house throughout the world manage to combine the both.

Now I wonder why I was careful to say NON domestic buildings. You seem to have comprehension challenges too.
fishing.gif

oilman - Let me explain what the article you keep referring to means. I have read it and I understand it, unfortunately you don't. Moron.

The guy in the article has installed a Navitron vacuum tube system for his hot water but also a small PV system for his electricity. There are two differnet types of solar panel, but lets no confuse you too much right now.

The man in the article says how much electricty his two solar panels have produced and gives the figure in kWh. We don't know any a lot about his pv installation, IE brand, size, orientation, type of photovoltaic module he's using but he using 110W modules and states this...

PV = around 250 kwh?? ( this is a broad estimate because I had several power switch off's/failures which reset power monitor automatically to zero)

....PV means photovoltaic.

Why argue with me on something you know nothing about.

PS Well done for reading and understanding the article.

You are a Berk. Thanks for confirming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back