CARAVAN HOLIDAYS

Sponsored Links
I can tell you've never had to brave the bog facilities in foreign climes in the forces then, Joe - campsite ones are a walk in the park compared to sitting on a wooden box, with a**e-sized hole, over a 6 foot deep trench, next to half a dozen grunters and groaners at the same time, intermingled with the sounds of kerplosh into the sea of previously-laid turds below with associated dangers of splash-back and not forgetting the associated smell... :LOL:
just wondered if you could've been a bit more detailed in your post as its a bit vague :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Didn't expect this discussion to continue after my last posting, but now that it has, how about telling me about some Devon Delights that would appeal to families on holiday in July.

Didn't expect this discussion to continue after my last posting, but now that it has, how about telling me about some Devon Delights that would appeal to families on holiday in July.
What part of Devon?

Sponsored Links
Hi Bolo.

Thought you had emigrated!

Nope! Did try to get a couple of holidays abroad but had to cancel due to what a hospital letter refers to as a series of cardiac events. Not out of the woods yet, but I do like and need my holidays, hence the posting.

Now how about those Devon attractions?

Nope! Did try to get a couple of holidays abroad but had to cancel due to what a hospital letter refers to as a series of cardiac events. Not out of the woods yet
hope all goes well for you bolo

Just as cheap to go abroad with the cost of living in this country. :(

Hope all goes well for you health wise too. :D

Nope! Did try to get a couple of holidays abroad but had to cancel due to what a hospital letter refers to as a series of cardiac events. Not out of the woods yet
hope all goes well for you bolo

Thanks TW. At the moment, life couldn't be better. OK, because of a dicky ticker I lost a £1000 deposit on a Florida holiday, £150 on a Disneyland Paris holiday and £50 on a holiday in Holland. But I do have a holiday booked in Devon! However, because I paid it in full I cant lose my deposit again because of a cardiac event. Yes I could lose the whole £2000 but being eternally optimistic I dont think I will.

Now back to Devon.

£2000 for a caravan holiday in the UK??? That would certainly give me a cardiac event.

Just as cheap to go abroad with the cost of living in this country. :(

Hope all goes well for you health wise too. :D

I'm fine, but my real problem is getting insurance cover. The holiday companies insist on holiday insurance and because of 'a series of cardiac events' I find it very difficult to get cover for myself. Last year I got a quote of just under £1000 with an excess of £10,000. So although it's just as cheap to go abroad, the cost of the insurance is a little off-putting to say the least. Having said that I have just discovered one company that is willing to take me on at a reasonable premium for next years holiday.

Sponsored Links
Back